• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27WON Civic Si Time Attack Build

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Hey everyone, launching a new thread for the build of our 2022 Honda Civic Si Time Attack build. We will be racing this car this year in a full season of Honda Time Attack Challenge and will be building the car specifically for this series and classing. This will be a build that what I think most people can do, it won't be anything too exotic but a build that delivers real results. Will be using the season to R&D the chassis and test all of the parts we will design and make for you.

Let me know what sort of detail you want to see go into this build. I hope you all find it as inspiration and knowledge for your builds.

First post will be coming soon.
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
How about a high end intake box, something like Mugen used to do with the S2000 , not these filters on sticks that other people are doing. I think the oem intake is better than many of the aftermarket versions.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
How about a high end intake box, something like Mugen used to do with the S2000 , not these filters on sticks that other people are doing. I think the oem intake is better than many of the aftermarket versions.
We have looked into the intake a bit. I will say the stock intake is really really good. Its going to be hard to improve on it. If you see anything that is a cone filter on the end of the pipe I am positive it loses power and does not perform as well.

Not saying we won't do an intake but it won't be easy and therefore it won't be cheap. I don't know if the 11th gen can support a $600-$700 intake or similar.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
We have looked into the intake a bit. I will say the stock intake is really really good. Its going to be hard to improve on it. If you see anything that is a cone filter on the end of the pipe I am positive it loses power and does not perform as well.

Not saying we won't do an intake but it won't be easy and therefore it won't be cheap. I don't know if the 11th gen can support a $600-$700 intake or similar.
I appreciate an honest answer like that and I agree the stock intake is pretty good for factory, as it does suck in cooler air.

How about brake upgrades, the Si is itching for some brake upgrades - anything from a BBK to even some pads ?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate an honest answer like that and I agree the stock intake is pretty good for factory, as it does suck in cooler air.

How about brake upgrades, the Si is itching for some brake upgrades - anything from a BBK to even some pads ?
I agree with @zeroptzero brakes for sure.
Oh you guys beat me to one of my first post. ?

a taste of what is to come.

Attachments

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to use spacers behind the oem wheels to fit the BBK?
If so, what MM?

Thx
Yes, currently on 25mm with studs in the spacer. If you switch to extended studs you can get away with like 10mm or less. I have new wheels going on this weekend so will take more pics and update then as well.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
First set of mods in prep for the first race. Starting with a 100% stock car

We put on
  • Whiteline Lowering Springs
  • 27WON 70a RMM
  • 27WON prototype 330x28mm 4 pot BBK
  • Rosenstein 18x9.5 +38 on all 4 corners with a 265/35/18 Kumho V730

I will be tracking on another set of wheels and tires. This set will be my daily/ light track day set and then I will have a dedicated track set with reverse stagger. I'll go into more detail on that later.

Attachments

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Hey everyone, launching a new thread for the build of our 2022 Honda Civic Si Time Attack build. We will be racing this car this year in a full season of Honda Time Attack Challenge and will be building the car specifically for this series and classing. This will be a build that what I think most people can do, it won't be anything too exotic but a build that delivers real results. Will be using the season to R&D the chassis and test all of the parts we will design and make for you.

Let me know what sort of detail you want to see go into this build. I hope you all find it as inspiration and knowledge for your builds.

First post will be coming soon.
Are you retaining the stock shocks with the lowering springs? Just curious.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Jan 30th, Race #1 recap from Buttonwillow, CCW,

We did 4 sessions on Sunday, it was about 40deg F first session out and getting warmer throughout the day to sunny and about 65deg F outside air temp. This was the first time the car was on track and simply put it was amazing. The car did so well. It did not give us any issues and did exactly what we needed it to do. We did flash the car with a stage one tune from Hondata the Friday before for some more power and enabled flat foot shifting. It was a nice bump in power while still maintaining a totally stock engine performance wise and still on stock drivetrain.

The car got faster and faster each session and the only reason it did not go faster is simply from my driving. It was first time out with a new car at a track I have never been to before. So am sure next time out and with more seat time the car will go faster. We managed a best of 2:08 and I bet we could have gotten that to like a 2:04 or similar with more practice.

Our track set up for wheels and tires was a reverse stagger set up that we run. Its a 18x9.5 front and 18.8.5 rear with a 255/235 split. It helps the car rotate and again the car did great. The tires were good and we dialed in pressures throughout the day.

Some fun little facts we learned.
1) take the glove box out when you track, the little prongs that hold it are weak and it kept coming open so just pull it out for the weekend
2) about 3 bars is as low as you can go on gas, anything less and you will starve it on the long sweepers. My advice keep it at least half tank all the time
3) overheating, not an issue so far, We know the 10gen FK8 would overheat quick, no issues but will see as the season gets warmer.

Next event is in a couple of weeks at Big Willow.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Great news! Thanks for the feedback. You mentioned the Hondata stage 1 tune-is this the 240hp/240trq tune or the 250/250?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Great news! Thanks for the feedback. You mentioned the Hondata stage 1 tune-is this the 240hp/240trq tune or the 250/250?
The 240 one.
Sponsored