• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27WON Downpipe Design

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Thanks for the update... Are you guys going to share tuned numbers? Almost everyone getting a DP will also be getting a tune. My guess the gains will be more pronounced with such.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update... Are you guys going to share tuned numbers? Almost everyone getting a DP will also be getting a tune. My guess the gains will be more pronounced with such.
More than likely we will. And yes you are correct where a tune will certainly extract more performance out of the product. The reason we like sharing the pure just drop in numbers is because we are able to control variables and not create any bias towards things such as a tune. We are able to share what the part itself is truly doing. That being said this product as with nearly every drop in performance product will always get the most out of it when a tune is applied.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Going to have mounts for factory heat shields? When are you expecting these to be ready for production/sale?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Going to have mounts for factory heat shields? When are you expecting these to be ready for production/sale?
Yes it will. They are in production as we speak. Hoping to have these all ready by end of May.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
So when do you expect to announce pricing? With mounts for factory shielding, I'll be down for a catted.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
OK, I have to ask, how is this downpipe almost $200 to $200+ more than the PRL piece? I can see that you used a different cat on the catted one but what is so different overall?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I have to ask, how is this downpipe almost $200 to $200+ more than the PRL piece? I can see that you used a different cat on the catted one but what is so different overall?
Cast instead of just piping, allows for more inner diameter and sharper turns while keeping that inner diameter, also retains factory heat shields to keep under hood temps down. looks more "finished". I imagine performance wise they should be near similar though.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Cast instead of just piping, allows for more inner diameter and sharper turns while keeping that inner diameter, also retains factory heat shields to keep under hood temps down. looks more "finished". I imagine performance wise they should be near similar though.
Could you elaborate on the cast vs just piping?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of using pipe that is bent into a shape to route from the turbo outlet to the front pipe it uses a cast molded piece to do the same but with more control over the shape, routing, inner diameter, outer shape to allow for mounting points, and optimize exhaust flow. In short cast downpipes have less design limitation than standard bent pipe style downpipes.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Instead of using pipe that is bent into a shape to route from the turbo outlet to the front pipe it uses a cast molded piece to do the same but with more control over the shape, routing, inner diameter, outer shape to allow for mounting points, and optimize exhaust flow. In short cast downpipes have less design limitation than standard bent pipe style downpipes.
@davemarco He pretty much nailed it. We are able to do alot more with casting than we can with just pipe. As well we the reliability and strength of a casting as always worked well with us. The note on the heat shielding is also very important. We have a lot of heat being generated at the front of this car and being able to retain the heat shields is a design factor we wanted to keep.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
@davemarco He pretty much nailed it. We are able to do alot more with casting than we can with just pipe. As well we the reliability and strength of a casting as always worked well with us. The note on the heat shielding is also very important. We have a lot of heat being generated at the front of this car and being able to retain the heat shields is a design factor we wanted to keep.
That sounds awesome. I thought that I had read that the catted down pipe is listed as being 4 inches in diameter at the opening, but tapers down to 2.5 inches; is this accurate, or is the catted version >= 3 inches throughout.

Apologies for the questions, just attempting to compare this offering to other competitors, some of whom are claiming a 3 inch diameter throughout. Thanks!

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
That sounds awesome. I thought that I had read that the catted down pipe is listed as being 4 inches in diameter at the opening, but tapers down to 2.5 inches; is this accurate, or is the catted version >= 3 inches throughout.

Apologies for the questions, just attempting to compare this offering to other competitors, some of whom are claiming a 3 inch diameter throughout. Thanks!
The CAT itself is 80mm completely. So 3.125" The casting piece at the end tapers to 2.5" to be able to bolt to OEM as well as most aftermarket performance front-pipes.

Plowman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hi, was looking at the numbers generated by the downpipe, which are impresive, but was wondering if you all have done a non tuned dyno on a build with 27WON downpipe, front pipe and airintake. If not, what would be the expected numbers to expect with this?
Sponsored