• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27WON SI sedan exhaust feedback

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Hey guys,

In case you have not been following our exhaust tip design thread here. Then please hop in there or if easier right in this thread.

Just last Saturday we released our new design blog and asked you all 4x important questions. That blog can be viewed here https://www.27won.com/blog/2018-civic-si-performance-exhaust-design-with-intention
and for reference, those 4x questions are below.

1. Do you like the look of the rectangular (technically parallelogram) tips?

2. We are looking at $1292.71 retail with free shipping in the lower 48 states. If you do like the design, would you buy it for that?

3. Do you care if the tips are polished or black?

4. We’ve considered cast tips. It’s a considerable investment to go that route. This design with cast tips would certainly be more than $1292.71. Would you pay more for CAST tips? note: cast tips allow us more flexibility in design and creating a unique shape that would be exactly how we define it and set it, so we can make almost anything, but development/investment cost is higher.
We really really want your honest feedback and thoughts on this. It's super important to me, my team, and our brand. If you guys have been following us for a while then you know about our REDEFINE motto and how important that is to us. We don't design, make, or release anything that does not have a purpose or is for the customer. We strongly take everything you guys say into consideration and continue to push and grow and develop the brand and platform. We are not like any other brand in the Honda game and we are not just in it to make shit and send it to you. Your voice, thoughts, and opinions are very important and can dictate what happens to a product.

So please have a read and leave your comments in the blog.

and let's REDEFINE the Aftermarket together.

11th Gen Honda Civic 27WON SI sedan exhaust feedback Rear Left IG
Sponsored

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
1. Yes love the look. Doesnt stray too far from the HDMI look but also gives something a little different
2. Almost 1300 seems like a large chunk of change considering the exhausts out now...maybe drop it to just 1200 or 1150?
3. I personally like the polished look but wouldnt squawk at black.
4.I like whats on the car now. So i have no say in this

Side note...This going to be coupe too i hope?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
If I’m honest, not a huge fan of the tips. I love the look of them in the mockup on the white Si, but I think the product in it’s current state is too sharp looking, if that makes sense. Cast tips may be the answer, but I’d be concerned with the cost at that point. Just my $0.02.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
I actually like the tips, maybe rounded a bit on the corners to clean it up if you had them cast.
My issue is more with the price. GReddy SP like 700$ and sounds great but my honest opinion of it is that it's ugly as sin, a fact constantly overlooked in every thread and it's been around a while now and still no #s on gains and when they do come out I imagine they'll be on par with aFe's #s and I just don't see big #s coming from anyone as the stock Si exhaust is rather efficient for a factory design. You're really gonna have to sell me on looks, sound and good #s to justify the price to me if I'm being honest. Hope this feedback helps

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Hey guys,

In case you have not been following our exhaust tip design thread here. Then please hop in there or if easier right in this thread.

Just last Saturday we released our new design blog and asked you all 4x important questions. That blog can be viewed here https://www.27won.com/blog/2018-civic-si-performance-exhaust-design-with-intention
and for reference, those 4x questions are below.

1. Do you like the look of the rectangular (technically parallelogram) tips?

2. We are looking at $1292.71 retail with free shipping in the lower 48 states. If you do like the design, would you buy it for that?

3. Do you care if the tips are polished or black?

4. We’ve considered cast tips. It’s a considerable investment to go that route. This design with cast tips would certainly be more than $1292.71. Would you pay more for CAST tips? note: cast tips allow us more flexibility in design and creating a unique shape that would be exactly how we define it and set it, so we can make almost anything, but development/investment cost is higher.
We really really want your honest feedback and thoughts on this. It's super important to me, my team, and our brand. If you guys have been following us for a while then you know about our REDEFINE motto and how important that is to us. We don't design, make, or release anything that does not have a purpose or is for the customer. We strongly take everything you guys say into consideration and continue to push and grow and develop the brand and platform. We are not like any other brand in the Honda game and we are not just in it to make shit and send it to you. Your voice, thoughts, and opinions are very important and can dictate what happens to a product.

So please have a read and leave your comments in the blog.

and let's REDEFINE the Aftermarket together.

Rear Left IG.jpg
Have a question, at that price am I to assume it's true cat back? From the downpipe back or is it just from the midpipe/front pipe back. Also is it 3" or 2.5"? I looked at your downpipe and front pipe combo and noticed the downpipe was a respectable 3.125" but then the front pipe dropped to a 2.5" and I honestly couldn't find the logic in this, specially since you do an aftermarket turbo, unless the idea is to somehow limit turbo spool and low end torque for the purpose of engine reliability

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Stock exhaust might not be a restriction but some people would like a different exhaust tone

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Have a question, at that price am I to assume it's true cat back? From the downpipe back or is it just from the midpipe/front pipe back. Also is it 3" or 2.5"? I looked at your downpipe and front pipe combo and noticed the downpipe was a respectable 3.125" but then the front pipe dropped to a 2.5" and I honestly couldn't find the logic in this, specially since you do an aftermarket turbo, unless the idea is to somehow limit turbo spool and low end torque for the purpose of engine reliability
This would be a front-pipe back system. The drop to 2.5" was done for fitment reasons and to work well as a unit. A 2.5" is good fro the ~450ish range. And yes your feedback is great.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
This would be a front-pipe back system. The drop to 2.5" was done for fitment reasons and to work well as a unit. A 2.5" is good fro the ~450ish range. And yes your feedback is great.
So from the front pipe back are you gonna stay at 2.5" or open back up to a 3"?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
undecided, probs 2.5"
I may be in the minority ATM, but I actually like this plan. A 2.5" would weigh considerably less than a 3". Especially since you don't need large mufflers with your resonating tube design. That could be a major selling point since most of these guys don't even list weight. Titanium parts would be cool, but mostly buzz-word for its cost. Once yours is known as "the one that saves the most weight" the price will be more justified.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
I may be in the minority ATM, but I actually like this plan. A 2.5" would weigh considerably less than a 3". Especially since you don't need large mufflers with your resonating tube design. That could be a major selling point since most of these guys don't even list weight. Titanium parts would be cool, but mostly buzz-word for its cost. Once yours is known as "the one that saves the most weight" the price will be more justified.
The weight is a bit tricky to work with. I know it won't be titanium simply because of cost. The system would probably be like 3k+ and I don't believe the market can support that.

Considering the 304SS material is thicker and our unique design of side branch resonators I think weight will dang near be identical. But will weigh and see what turns out.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
The weight is a bit tricky to work with. I know it won't be titanium simply because of cost. The system would probably be like 3k+ and I don't believe the market can support that.

Considering the 304SS material is thicker and our unique design of side branch resonators I think weight will dang near be identical. But will weigh and see what turns out.
No one else selling a side branch right now either, another reason I've stayed stock this long, I do a lot of highway miles and that drone drives me crazy

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
The price will always end in 271. For the people who haven't figure that out yet.
GENIUS! Kinda feel dumb for not seeing that before. It's like the arrow hidden inside the FedEx logo, you'll see it 1000 times without consciously noticing the subtle detail.
Sponsored