• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!!

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Idk how people expect a 29k Integra... when a 30k Civic exist. Even with a 1.5T, an Integra at around 33k is still worth the premium on the strength of it being superior in design, quality, and dealer experience. If it comes with an LSD, manual, and Si engine, that's just a better version of the car half this forum has been clamoring for. And to those that say the 1.5T is underpowered, look up the specs on a base A3, CLA, and 2 Series.
Sponsored

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Idk how people expect a 29k Integra... when a 30k Civic exist. Even with a 1.5T, an Integra at around 33k is still worth the premium on the strength of it being superior in design, quality, and dealer experience. If it comes with an LSD, manual, and Si engine, that's just a better version of the car half this forum has been clamoring for. And to those that say the 1.5T is underpowered, look up the specs on a base A3, CLA, and 2 Series.
Base A3 and 2GC starts at around 33K-35K. Acura's competitor would have to be a little cheaper than that.
Yes, 30K civic exists but that's the top trim. And these price overlaps happen more often than you'd think.

I do agree that the 1.5T will provide enough power tho

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
If I was to make a guess... if they don't make the manual available across the board, it might be reserved to the base trim and the A-Spec on the non-TypeS trims. Those seem the most likely trims for people who want the 6-speed... either they wanted an Si Hatch or they want the sportier variant Integra.

Probably just A spec and if we are lucky Type S. Honda as of late has reserved the manuals for the sporty models.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Probably just A spec and if we are lucky Type S. Honda as of late has reserved the manuals for the sporty models.
I would say both A-Spec and Type S will get the optional 6 Speed. Those are the sporty models so makes sense.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Well stated!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The reason it could easily start below $30k is because you're comparing a fully loaded $30k civic to a probably EX or less level of equipment on the base Integra... The trade off is performance or features.... someone that prefers to have ALL the features, and the sedate-ness of the civic goes that route... someone that puts more emphasis on performance with far less features opts for a similarly priced Integra. Simple. You're paying $30k for what amounts to an EX level pseudo Si, or you're paying $30k for the fully decked out feature heavy Sport Touring Hatch.

The integra is the entry model to this brand, and they want to undercut their competitors that all start in the $32-35k range. The current ILX starts at less than $27k. Lets not also forget the TLX starts around $37k... which would be more or less the top selling point of the Integra in fully loaded Advance trim. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the rest of the trim lineup assuming it gets the full lineup. Yes, the most desirable A-Spec form will probably sticker around $33k, but below that you have the Tech, and the base trims. So expecting people to pay around $30k for what amounts to a civic Si isn't that much of a stretch.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Yes, 30K civic exists but that's the top trim. And these price overlaps happen more often than you'd think.

I do agree that the 1.5T will provide enough power tho
That's exactly the point I was making. Yes the top trim Civic is 30K but a base model is what, 22K?

The whole marketing campaign on the new Integra is about bringing back a classic. A classic that was released as the lowest priced Acura. I fully expect the lowest trim Integra to come in at around 30K tops. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Fun little comparison. Back in 1986, my '87 3 door Integra LS (top trim model) stickered for around 12K. A Civic Si hatch was about 2 grand less.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
That's exactly the point I was making. Yes the top trim Civic is 30K but a base model is what, 22K?

The whole marketing campaign on the new Integra is about bringing back a classic. A classic that was released as the lowest priced Acura. I fully expect the lowest trim Integra to come in at around 30K tops. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Fun little comparison. Back in '86, my 3 door Integra LS (top trim model) stickered for around 12K. A Civic Si hatch was about 2 grand less.
I think the base trim will start around $28k-$28.7k ($2k more than Si) as it’s their entry-level car and the current ILX starts at $27k. But a 6MT will most likely be a premium feature reserved for the Type S or A-Spec.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I think the base trim will start around $28k-$28.7k ($2k more than Si) as it’s their entry-level car and the current ILX starts at $27k. But a 6MT will most likely be a premium feature reserved for the Type S or A-Spec.
The base Integra will likely be greater than $2k more than the SI as the Hatch model alone is $1.2k more than the sedan. The Integra will have more than an $800 premium over an SI.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
The reason it could easily start below $30k is because you're comparing a fully loaded $30k civic to a probably EX or less level of equipment on the base Integra... The trade off is performance or features.... someone that prefers to have ALL the features, and the sedate-ness of the civic goes that route... someone that puts more emphasis on performance with far less features opts for a similarly priced Integra. Simple. You're paying $30k for what amounts to an EX level pseudo Si, or you're paying $30k for the fully decked out feature heavy Sport Touring Hatch.

The integra is the entry model to this brand, and they want to undercut their competitors that all start in the $32-35k range. The current ILX starts at less than $27k. Lets not also forget the TLX starts around $37k... which would be more or less the top selling point of the Integra in fully loaded Advance trim. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the rest of the trim lineup assuming it gets the full lineup. Yes, the most desirable A-Spec form will probably sticker around $33k, but below that you have the Tech, and the base trims. So expecting people to pay around $30k for what amounts to a civic Si isn't that much of a stretch.
A couple of contemporary points.
  1. The ILX is based on the 9th Gen Civic, which itself is based on the 8th Gen. So the ILX is the nicest 2006 Civic you can buy in 2021. The cost of that car has long been amortized, and that’s partly why it’s priced so aggressively.
  2. The new TLX is 4K more than the last TLX, which was again, based on an older Honda platform.
  3. Look at Audi and VW. There’s no price overlap between a Golf/Jetta and an A3. The only time you’ll see a Golf cost more than a base spec A3 is if it’s a GTI or R. At that point, performance warrants the price premium and outweighs brand prestige.
  4. The Integra can be based on the Civic, but also have bespoke chassis parts that again increase its costs.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
A couple of contemporary points.
  1. The ILX is based on the 9th Gen Civic, which itself is based on the 8th Gen. So the ILX is the nicest 2006 Civic you can buy in 2021. The cost of that car has long been amortized, and that’s partly why it’s priced so aggressively.
  2. The new TLX is 4K more than the last TLX, which was again, based on an older Honda platform.
  3. Look at Audi and VW. There’s no price overlap between a Golf/Jetta and an A3. The only time you’ll see a Golf cost more than a base spec A3 is if it’s a GTI or R. At that point, performance warrants the price premium and outweighs brand prestige.
  4. The Integra can be based on the Civic, but also have bespoke chassis parts that again increase its costs.
Your points make a lot of sense. Logically by looking at current TLX pricing vs the outgoing model, the new Teg pricing (vs ILX) won't start below $30K (sad face). That's on top of the rumored $33.5K A-Spec as the middle trim. Pricing the base Teg above Civic ST ($29400) also makes sense because it'll be better equipped and, possibly, with more hp, not to mention the Acura premium.

Revised pricing:
Base: $30500
A-Spec: $33500
Type S: $37500

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Your points make a lot of sense. Logically by looking at current TLX pricing vs the outgoing model, the new Teg pricing (vs ILX) won't start below $30K (sad face). That's on top of the rumored $33.5K A-Spec as the middle trim. Pricing the base Teg above Civic ST ($29400) also makes sense because it'll be better equipped and, possibly, with more hp, not to mention the Acura premium.

Revised pricing:
Base: $30500
A-Spec: $33500
Type S: $37500
I can see the Type S coming in at that price, only if they position it below the new CTR.
Which imo, is dumb. But with the TLX Type S being as slow as it is, it makes sense from a marketing perspective to hold the Integra back. Only Honda could be this backwards. Just give us the choice of a manual please.
Sponsored