• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EP3to11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic Si
I really like the 11th gen design overall. It reminds more with the low hood and higher passanger cabin design of the 4th/5th/6th gen civics. I don't really like 7th-9th gen design with the ridiculous steep and high hood.
I've been driving an EP3 for a long time, and I will say that the shorter hood creates a long dashboard that gives a bigger, airy feel to the cabin. That said, I agree that a long, low hood typically looks better than a short, high one. I had both a '92 and '98 EX, and the low cowls were also great for visibility. I wonder how low the cowl will feel on the 11th gen, or if that's an extinct trait.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I think the 10gen was unusual in that the base car looked very sporty, just needed wheels. I think that aberration is over and now only the Si/Sport/R versions will look sporty.

AegeanT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda Civic Touring (sold)
I'm not feeling the 11th gen at all.

I know I said something similar when the 10th gen came out (except the front end, I LOVED it), however the 10th gen platform grew on me quick, especially after seeing the aftermarket support available.

The 11th gen just looks like your average commuter car. Reminds me of the corolla in that it looks "meh".

I would have to see the Si and Type R versions when they come out the year after and hope they save the 6MTs for those performance platforms, and hope they look a bit more aggressive and sporty.. Otherwise I will just keep saving up for a late model 10th gen Type R.

SuperCyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
I'm not feeling the 11th gen at all.

I know I said something similar when the 10th gen came out (except the front end, I LOVED it), however the 10th gen platform grew on me quick, especially after seeing the aftermarket support available.

The 11th gen just looks like your average commuter car. Reminds me of the corolla in that it looks "meh".

I would have to see the Si and Type R versions when they come out the year after and hope they save the 6MTs for those performance platforms, and hope they look a bit more aggressive and sporty.. Otherwise I will just keep saving up for a late model 10th gen Type R.
May go against what some would like, but I think the SI should come with the choice of either 6MT or an auto of some kind. Considering most of the competition has those two options, I think it'd be a win for them to at least have it as an option (hopefully not CVT, but chances are that's what it'd be).

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
First, thank you for sharing the photos and information.
For me, I love the 10th gen looks, and am not too excited so far by the 11th gen pics.
Maybe the SI and Type R versions will look better, but not feeling this at all. Seems like Honda tried to play it too safe with the design. Even thought the current 10th gen has sold very, very well.
Hondas, other than the S2000 and the original and gorgeous S500, S600 and S800 cars, are not known as curvy, classical beauties. They can however, be edgy works of art in their own way, so go with it. the original NSX still looks good. The 11th gen doesn't even look good to me now. Why? Because there are enough boring cars on the road.

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
I still say this looks like an evolution of the boring 9th gen Civic, not the 10th gen. It's like a 9.5 gen Civic.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I still say this looks like an evolution of the boring 9th gen Civic, not the 10th gen. It's like a 9.5 gen Civic.
Well, here's the thing. The 10th gen Civic was unusual because it was designed in North America. Apparently, even though it was a huge seller here, it was too "out there" for the Japanese. The 11th gen is a return to Honda Japan doing the design and the toned down, conservative looks is the result.

I was a long time Honda fan back in the day. Had one of the first CRXs and Integras bought in the United States. But, I hadn't owned a Honda since 2002. The 10th gen Civic was the first Honda whose looks I loved in a long time. If it looked like this 11th gen, I would have never come back to Honda. This sedan is just is so "average" looking.

Last edited:

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Well, here's the thing. The 10th gen Civic was unusual because it was designed in North America. Apparently, even though it was a huge seller here, it was too "out there" for the Japanese. The 11th gen is a return to Honda Japan doing the design and the toned down, conservative looks is the result.

I was a long time Honda fan back in the day. Had one of the first CRXs and Integras bought in the United States. But, I hadn't owned a Honda since 2002. The 10th gen Civic was the first Honda whose looks I loved in a long time. If it looked like this 11th gen, I would have never come back to Honda. This sedan is just is so "average" looking.
Exactly this. I was in a local Honda dealer a couple of years ago and saw the Sport Touring in the showroom and immediately knew that I wanted it. If I saw the 11th gen, my response would have definitely been "meh".

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
I like the more toned down look, I think it looks great. I love my 2020 Si sedan, but I truly hate the rear fake vents. It's only one thing I dislike about it, but it really kind of ruins the car for me, they just look so plastic and cheap and juvenile.

Will upgrade to an 11th gen Si at some point for sure. It seems pragmatic to wait until at least the second model year, but I am into the new design so I might get a bit impatient.

The hallmark of Hondas for me is how the design is generally pretty basic and simple, but it doesn't get cheap or tacky looking over time. I think the 10th gen looks cool now but will unfortunately not age well.

OzCop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper JCW, Ram crew cab, Lone Star edition 4x4, Ford Escape, Titanium edition, Ford F450 chassis RV
It appears to me the Civic is joining most of the other manufacturers "cookie cutter" cars. From a profile, it is difficult to tell many of them apart, and now, the 11 Gen profile and rear treatment is similar. I liked Civics in the past simply because they deviated from all the others. Their profile was unique, their grill and headlights were unique, as was their tail lights and rear valance treatment. If the Japan/USA version looks like this, I'll look elsewhere. The fact there is no coupe planned for this model year is simply another reason to look elsewhere.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
The front of the white 11th Gen Civic that @vv16811 shared ... to me at least, reminds me of the current-gen Toyota Camry front.

The rear looks pretty sleek, but not a fan of the front.

11th Gen Honda Civic ALL NEW GEN11 CIVIC SEDAN first real shot in the wild! ? 1616449663298

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
The front of the white 11th Gen Civic that @vv16811 shared ... to me at least, reminds me of the current-gen Toyota Camry front.

The rear looks pretty sleek, but not a fan of the front.

1616449663298.png
I agree. I'd go as far as to say the Camry looks even better/more aggressive than the 11th gen. Not saying it doesn't have its design flaws, but I'd be proud to own the TRD.

To each their own though. I love my 10th hatch too much to get rid of it.

11th Gen Honda Civic ALL NEW GEN11 CIVIC SEDAN first real shot in the wild! ? 2020-Toyota-Camry-TRD-front-three-quarter-in-motion-2
Sponsored