• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

All New Honda Civic Type R Prototype to Make U.S. Debut At Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Honda’s all-new 2023 Civic Type R prototype will make its U.S. public debut during the July 1-3 Honda Indy 200 NTT INDYCAR SERIES weekend at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. The highly anticipated Civic Type R will be wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R

Oof. Kinda misleading because I think this means that it will just make its first public appearance in the US, but we have already seen the prototype via the internet. It doesn't look like anything new unfortunately. If I lived nearby I would definitely go, so that I can at least see it in person. Honestly not a bad idea to plan a trip out for an early 4th of July 😅

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Not that it’s a surprise, but boy the news just keeps getting more and more depressing. Honda claims it will be released in 2023, and I take that to mean Dec. 31, 2022.

Although Honda USA does say it will debut Summer 2022, so here’s hoping the July Camo debut is just the tease before the official reveal not long after.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Honda’s all-new 2023 Civic Type R prototype will make its U.S. public debut during the July 1-3 Honda Indy 200 NTT INDYCAR SERIES weekend at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. The highly anticipated Civic Type R will be wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R

Oof. Kinda misleading because I think this means that it will just make its first public appearance in the US, but we have already seen the prototype via the internet. It doesn't look like anything new unfortunately. If I lived nearby I would definitely go, so that I can at least see it in person. Honestly not a bad idea to plan a trip out for an early 4th of July 😅
The last hype clip says “now on to the world stage”. This has all the feeling that Honda is building huge amounts of anticipation for what could be the last ICE CTR or even possibly the very last CTR. A lot of build-up to the reveal and Honda will definitely not disappoint. Likely the top of K2 (in terms of fwd limits) but need to get the worlds attention before you reach the summit.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
*Serious replies only*

Will my friend have jail time if he jumps on the course and rips out the camouflage? Should he be expecting some cruel lawsuit?

Asking for my friend. I think that's stupid.
What does he think is under there?

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
*Serious replies only*

Will my friend have jail time if he jumps on the course and rips out the camouflage? Should he be expecting some cruel lawsuit?

Asking for my friend. I think that's stupid.
He might go down as a felon in any future employment-related endeavors.

But he will live on as a hero for the cause of the forum. Let him know we are behind him and are willing to make sure he can get whatever he desires from the commissary.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Dang, I live close by but I'll be in Tennessee for the 4th. Guess I'll have to tell the wife we're cancelling our vaca that week. :headbang:

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Dang, I live close by but I'll be in Tennessee for the 4th. Guess I'll have to tell the wife we're cancelling our vaca that week. :headbang:
Yessss!

Im thinking of going myself!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
I think it’s great that a new Type R is coming out but it feels a little like when a movie is supposed to come out then covid hit and it’s just teaser after teaser not know when the movie is going to debut….

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
My memory is the teasers for the new '06 Si were out well over a year before the vehicle was available for sale.
Sponsored