• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
I just picked up a pair of the Honda Under body spoilers for my 2023 Civic Si (Part number 08-F01-T20-100). The dealership instructions call for the front bumper to be completely removed to perform this install, but I thought there had to be an easier way. Once I figured out how to do it, the passenger's side took about 15 min in total for installation. This should make putting on this part much easier.

First, while using a piece of paper, punch through the two long tabs, located on the inside of the lip. These require holes to be drilled into the bumper. I then trimmed it with a razor and left two "tape tabs" for transfer.
11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_152908

Next, test fit the lip onto the car and once happy with its location - press the tape down and pull away the lip. This will leave the template on the bumper.
11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_152953

I then used a razor to mark the two hole locations, and drilled them with a 3/8 drill bit. This hole size was large enough for some minor movement, but was small enough for the backers to lock the lip in place.
11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_153143

Now look under the bumper. There are two plastic clips which hold the lower splash shield in place. Remove them, and you will have plenty of room to fit your hand behind the bumper, in order to install the clip backers onto the lip.
11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_153247

Next step is to now pull the tape backers on the lip and install it into place. I used a heat gun to heat up the tape and the lip just a bit. There is a decent amount of tape on the lip itself, so it will stay in place once mounted. You will then need to put the backers on the lip tabs from behind the bumper. Press hard against the lip so they sit flush.

Now that the lip is in place you can replace the rear clip with the provided longer push pin. The front will now need to be drilled. Again, while using a 3/8 drill bit carefully drill a hole, making sure you do not pop through the other side.
11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_153843

Once that hole is drilled, put your remaining two clips back in place, and you are done! No bumper removal, no headaches, no mess.

11th Gen Honda Civic An easier way to install HPD front under body spoiler 2022+ 20221221_154021

The template can now be flipped over and used on the other side. There is no need to make another one. Hopefully this helps save you all some time!
Sponsored

Last edited: