• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android Auto - Media Playback Issue

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
Hi all,

I've had an issue with Android Auto (AA) come up in my 2022 Civic Hatchback ST just yesterday. I picked up the vehicle back in November 2021 and haven't had any issues with AA since.

It seems any media--namely Spotify--will no longer play for whatever reason. As soon as I press play on the app: be it via the app on the phone or within the infotainment display, it will resume the song for 1-3 seconds without any sound and just automatically pause.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that I connect with the supplied Samsung USB-A to USB-C cable to use Android Auto. I've made sure Spotify/Android Auto are updated on my phone, and have also tried deleting and re-installing the apps and clearing caches. Not sure if this is part of the issue, but I'm noticing too that my Waze GPS currently still thinks I am in the last location yesterday where Spotify/media playback was still working (albeit it is currently parked underground). Bluetooth audio, AM/FM radio, and all other playback functions within the Honda infotainment system are all working just fine. Also, other Android Auto functions such as the Phone app all function properly, too.

My partner has a Samsung Galaxy S8 that, upon trying to connect to Android Auto to see if it was only an issue with my phone, also presents the same aforementioned issue and nuance.

Overall, I'm not sure what happened or why it has suddenly started bugging out. Not sure what my next steps to troubleshoot should be, and I'm hoping I can get your help, advice, and opinions! Super appreciative if anyone can offer any tips or if you maybe experienced this very same issue in the past--with your 11th generation Civic and/or any other vehicle supporting Android Auto.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terkoiz

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
Update: A quick factory reset of the infotainment system did the trick. Interestingly, that also seemed to properly update my GPS location specifically within Android Auto (I did not mention it in my original post, but the Honda navigation system had an accurate read of my car's parked location)—similar to the issue and resolution of fellow user danheinz in his post on the forum here.

I suppose Android Auto somehow bugged out—it is a bit of a shame, however, that an entire factory reset was needed to resolve the issue.