• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-pinch windows problem

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Today my wife had the rear window on out touring sport hatch close on her finger. It was very painful.

I tested the anti-pinch functionality when I got home. It didn’t work when I tested with a big ice scraper handle.

Can someone test this? I have a feeling we may have a recall-level safety issue here.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
If it didn't cut it off I guess it works. Probably shouldn't place fingers in the way of moving objects

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
Today my wife had the rear window on out touring sport hatch close on her finger. It was very painful.

I tested the anti-pinch functionality when I got home. It didn’t work when I tested with a big ice scraper handle.

Can someone test this? I have a feeling we may have a recall-level safety issue here.
Check my reply in Civic 11 forum. Don't hold the switch up when testing. It will negate the anti-pinch function. I've demonstrated this thousands of times in all different models of Hondas and have never been pinched.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)

My Si had to have the Passenger front window regulator replaced because of an issue with the anti-pinch. Mine would shoot down on its own while rolling up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
These fancy things they have now a days. Is there protection if you slam your hand in the door?

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
My Si had to have the Passenger front window regulator replaced because of an issue with the anti-pinch. Mine would shoot down on its own while rolling up.

My RSX would do that occasionally, mostly in the middle of winter of course.
Sponsored