• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone disappointed with their decision to purchase the new R?

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Probably because there's not a lot to regret. Owners and critics agree, its undeniably special...the 'GT3' of hot hatches. Going on 7 months and 4k miles of ownership and it still gives me grins every drive.

I have friends that are hardcore domestic brand (GM/Mopar) homers that originally questioned my purchase but after taking a spin in the FL5 they all get it.
Super fun to drive. I still think it’s overpriced.
Sponsored

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Hey! I just got a notice about the thread. Yup the CBP I couldn’t take it. I ended up trading it in for a Boost Blue. Loving the color and car now!

B5851C8C-6ED3-4171-A39A-72A15241EAC5.jpeg
Interesting. What about the black didn’t you like? Difficulty keeping it clean or something else?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Hey! I just got a notice about the thread. Yup the CBP I couldn’t take it looking dirty after one day of dust. I ended up trading it in for a Boost Blue. I ended up spending a small amount to basically swap.

Loving the color and car now! Ordered a bunch of OEM/Mugen parts and waiting to install as well!

150DA2BB-3C2C-4BDE-A1CC-1D62EDA02687.jpeg

74498894-32C6-47FD-A917-F603CBDC1D20.jpeg
Excellent! Which parts did you pick up?

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Supra, Focus RS, BB FK8, BB FL5
Interesting. What about the black didn’t you like? Difficulty keeping it clean or something else?
The black blended in too well and even after a good wash would look horrible the next day. I thought I’d be ok going incognito but my other cars are this shade of blue so I was being consistent. For some people they like being low key.

I will definitely learn from this lesson and never buy another black car again.

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent! Which parts did you pick up?
I got some Mugen wind visors, Mugen LED mirrors, a few Mugen stickers (need the extra horsepower lmao)

OEM alacantra steering wheel, alacantra shift boot from Japan and interior carbon panels for the side panels front.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
So we're all on the same page. We LOVE the car, we just hate the price.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well…we hate the ADM. And our hatred increases incrementally with every ADM dollar.😡

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Hey! I just got a notice about the thread. Yup the CBP I couldn’t take it looking dirty after one day of dust. I ended up trading it in for a Boost Blue. I ended up spending a small amount to basically swap.

Loving the color and car now! Ordered a bunch of OEM/Mugen parts and waiting to install as well!

150DA2BB-3C2C-4BDE-A1CC-1D62EDA02687.jpeg

74498894-32C6-47FD-A917-F603CBDC1D20.jpeg
That color works well. Worth swapping for.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Super fun to drive. I still think it’s overpriced.
I appreciate your honest take on it. Not sure many would say it openly.

I'm thoroughly pleased and impressed by all this car has to offer. The praise heaped on it by critics and owners alike is real. This car is the goods. All of the glowing reviews are directionally consistent with my ownership experience thus far albeit limited in duration (~2 weeks) and seat time. I believe the FL5 is fairly priced at MSRP; however, with ADM - which is nearly impossible to avoid at this juncture - 100% overpriced IMHO. Even at $5K over MSRP, which is widely considered by many as a "good deal", it's overpriced. @savagegeese made the comment re not paying over MSRP and he's right. Another member on the forums who bought at MSRP made a similar comment that there would be an element of cognitive dissonance had he paid an ADM.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
The only upside of all this is that these cars do hold value. If you paid MSRP, or close to it, you will be okay. Above a certain amount of ADM - you are taking a hit.
Once there are a reasonable amount of used FL5's available, that will help. I only know of the one that sold on BAT, an obvious attempt at a flip that failed badly.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma

What was the price hit on trading in? I think if I could find a red I would swap if it wasn't to much. Just because they seem to be the rarest.

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the price hit on trading in? I think if I could find a red I would swap if it wasn't to much. Just because they seem to be the rarest.
After the tax credit from the trade I ended up spending $1900 out of pocket to change colors. Was worth every penny for me, considering a wrap would’ve been $3k+.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
oddly enough (in spite of this thread), the black IS the rarest. LOL You can see it here in the CTR FINDER summary...

Honda Civic Type R - Vehicle Stock Finder (motoringobsession.com)
https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r

and, if anyone is on a list and the dealership gets only black... i know there's at least one member here who is specifically looking FOR black and would be forever grateful to get one! So, please don't buy and regret the color... pass it forward to someone who has black as 1st choice.
Sponsored