• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
Not sure if there are many Aussies on this forum, but thought I would start an Aussie order/info thread.

I'm most likely a bit late to the party... but I put a deposit down earlier this week. Key info from the dealer I spoke to was:
  • Expecting the drive-away price to be in the high 60s to low 70s, but no guidance yet from Honda
  • First deliveries are expected in January 2023. However again this is speculation with no guidance yet from Honda
  • No info yet on availability / the number of cars Australia will be getting
  • While dealers have started taking deposits, the official order books have not yet opened
  • As a benefit of Honda switching to an agency model, there won't be individual stock allocated to dealers. So that should mean that customer orders will be filled based on the timing of when the order was placed
Many others with orders in / deposits down?

Anyone got any additional or different info?
Sponsored

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
For the next type R FL5 will be very interesting for Aus market . Aus Honda stop taking orders late 2020 for FK8 . Where the rest of the world still taking orders.

Even much bigger market place like Canada / UK reported FL5 will be very limited compare to FK8 .

so what will that mean for Aus market ? even for FK8s we got cut. hmmm Aus Honda will be sure be the way less than Canada/ UK . Aus market might be have a full year of 2023 if lucky 2024 for taking orders only .

other than that FL5 fix all if not most things I dislike about the fk8 .

do Aus Honda even taking deposit already ?

Reactions: APH
OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard will be around 65k drive away.
That would be great if it hits the market at that price, however, I don't reckon we will be that lucky considering how much Honda pushed the price up with the 11th gen hatch.

All the other competitors have also gone up quite a lot over the past few years. The base Golf GTI is now at $60k. The Cupra Leon VZx starts at $65k. RS Megane is just under $70k.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the next type R FL5 will be very interesting for Aus market . Aus Honda stop taking orders late 2020 for FK8 . Where the rest of the world still taking orders.

Even much bigger market place like Canada / UK reported FL5 will be very limited compare to FK8 .

so what will that mean for Aus market ? even for FK8s we got cut. hmmm Aus Honda will be sure be the way less than Canada/ UK . Aus market might be have a full year of 2023 if lucky 2024 for taking orders only .
I agree. I reckon there is a strong chance we won't get many FL5s coming to Aus.

do Aus Honda even taking deposit already ?
I'm not 100% sure how it works under the new agency model. The dealer I spoke to suggested that while dealers are taking orders/deposits, these aren't able to be lodged with Honda yet as the order book is not yet open. That said, the dealer also advised that Honda had to approve them taking customer deposits so clearly Honda is aware that orders/deposits are being taken by dealers.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
I'm not 100% sure how it works under the new agency model. The dealer I spoke to suggested that while dealers are taking orders/deposits, these aren't able to be lodged with Honda yet as the order book is not yet open. That said, the dealer also advised that Honda had to approve them taking customer deposits so clearly Honda is aware that orders/deposits are being taken by dealers.
May I know what kind of contract is it ? as per car sale contract?

right even our 11th gen civic low volume ( 90 ish per month whole country ) with 1 trim .

I’ll wait until the up coming 21st camo and head to doncaster Honda .

Ipabsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Just chucked down a deposit today.
Hopefully enough stock to fill all the orders haha.

mid it’s 65k will be a steal

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
Hmm looking at Japan pricing it seem to be around 65k , giving that our 11th gen civic is 3-4K more than it should be ( comparing same spec ish oversea models ) .

let’s hope is around 65k driveaway , I’ll get some carbon add-on.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Hi all. First post.
Went to Formula Honda 12 months ago to express my serious interest. They took my details.
Went there last weekend to ask about allocations and deposits.
I was told they are not taking deposits yet.
Yet I see someone here has paid a deposit.
Any idea what's going on here, other than my local dealer not knowing what's what?

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just chucked down a deposit today.
Hopefully enough stock to fill all the orders haha.

mid it’s 65k will be a steal
Congrats!

Agree it's going to be interesting to see how many cars we get in Aus.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all. First post.
Went to Formula Honda 12 months ago to express my serious interest. They took my details.
Went there last weekend to ask about allocations and deposits.
I was told they are not taking deposits yet.
Yet I see someone here has paid a deposit.
Any idea what's going on here, other than my local dealer not knowing what's what?
Hi JBO - Welcome :)

Here is how I understand it:
  • The order books aren't officially opened yet for Australia. This is still likely a few months away
  • The decision on taking orders/deposits is up to the individual dealers. That said, I understand that before accepting orders/deposits the dealers had to get approval from Honda Aus
  • Once the order books officially open, the dealers holding orders will submit the orders based on the order they were received. I.e. If you were the 10th order at your dealer you will be the 10th order submitted for that dealership
What isn't 100% clear is if the timing when you placed an order will be important. E.g. If you go to a dealer that isn't taking orders/deposits on the day that the order book opens and place an order then, will you be behind all of the other people that placed orders with dealers in advance? Or will you effectively be in line with them or maybe even ahead due to being the 1st in the que at a certain dealer?

Another unknown is the impact of the agency model. I.e. no stock is allocated or sold to dealers, so there should just be a Honda Aus stock pool (or maybe one stock pool per state).

It might be worth hitting up another dealer in SA to see if they have a different approach from Formula Honda.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Thanks for the response and the welcome. Unfortunately we are a one horse town in Adelaide as Formula Honda runs both dealerships!
Might need to write an email to the dealer principal...

Last edited:

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Surely not over $70k!
The previous model was $55k ish plus on roads and was built in the UK.
This is coming out of Japan and is tipped to be only going up by 3-5% in OS markets.
Also I think the 2023 Golf Range is now DSG only so take $2500 off for an Apples to Apples comparison.

$59,990-$64,990 + on roads TOPS!!...

Surely!....

Please God!🤣
Sponsored