• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Back panel rattle from sound system

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello all. ‘22 Civic Si with 1k miles. Ever since I got the car I’ve noticed that the back panel rattles where the sub is when playing songs? dealer said it was normal but i don’t have time right now to have them investigate. bass all the way up or down doesn’t matter. some songs rattle depending on the freq of the bass. luckily it doesn’t rattle when going over bumps. any tips or ideas?

also speaking of rattles.. it seems like when going over bumps (not playing
music) the B (i think?) pillar where the driver seatbelt comes out of, rattles on the highway / over bumps. and also where the dash cluster is right above the steering wheel. any tips for those?

thank you!
Sponsored

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
For the seat belt rattle from the b pillar I just moved the positioning all the way down and it stopped. I'm sure there's a better fix, but I'm still comfortable with the positioning all the way down.
For the rear dash sub rattle another user, idk if it was here or on the other forum, said they shoved some foam or a sock under the plastic from inside the trunk and it stopped.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Yeah, I’ve shoved foam on a rattling piece of plastic before to stop resonating rattling. Just play a song that makes it rattle and find the piece, shove the foam in, and it’ll be fine. Maybe some double sided tape depending on where it is.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
On my xgen, I ended up putting neoprene between the glass and rear deck panel after butyl sound deadener wasn't enough
Sponsored