• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What color do you think best suits the FL5?

• Total voters

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Is anyone else annoyed af about how the brake light doesn’t go all the way across the top of the taillights? I’ve seen it in person a bunch in my area and the light looks incomplete while braking…
Annoying but honestly thats the aesthetic they are going for. Looks bad in broad daylight but at night it looks really good.

The taillight light bar has been a trend for a few years now and there really isnt that I can think of that fully lights up.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Here is a good driving vid from 15m on - general themes i got from youtube translate are it has very high limits, when it breaks traction at the limit the car is composed and slides under control.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Boost blue. Some Japanese dealers are giving away postcards signed by the Honda F1 driver with purchase contracts.

And a sonic gray, since we haven't seen new pics in a while.

Last edited:

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Agreed. In an era where even the cheapest cars now come with full LEDs, the design and bulbs used on the Type R already feels dated. It’s the only disappointment I have with the exterior
Yep - for me the very 'busy' reflector style rear reverse (clear) lights look extremely out of place especially when you consider how sleek the front lights are - seem like they were designed by different teams who didn't bother talking to each other.

But the night shots where only the red is visible, look great.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
LCI LED tails

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Would they look OEM though? I’m new to type r but any of the prior gen aftermarket lights I look up seem very riced out.
Even if it doesn't, it's super fun when the color of the LED doesn't quite match the sides, and you end up with a strip in the middle that's slightly pink, orange, dim, etc.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I said I would never buy a black car, but it's the only color that wing looks good on. Otherwise, I'll be forced to pay even more $$$ to have it color matched. I guess I'd be able to use my wife's favorite expression against her.... "It's only money honey, can't take it to the grave!"

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I said I would never buy a black car, but it's the only color that wing looks good on. Otherwise, I'll be forced to pay even more $$$ to have it color matched. I guess I'd be able to use my wife's favorite expression against her.... "It's only money honey, can't take it to the grave!"
How much would that be at a good paint shop?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Get the carbon fiber spoiler then...