• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What color do you think best suits the FL5?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Here's hoping our dealers will be able to order the specific colors we want!
My rep seems confident this will be the case once they receive allocation.

Buyer falls through? No big deal. Someone in the 10+ list behind them will want it. ^^
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Looks like Honda made ~48,000 FK8 CTRs globally (~16k went to USA)

Would be interesting to see what production #s by color looked like for the FK8 so we could get an idea what they might look like for the FL5
I'd imagine most were Champ White, but that's pure speculation since Honda doesn't publicly release this info. 😐

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I'll just do yellow... when the LE comes out.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I'm a fan of the off-white for the Type R myself 👍

Check out these pics posted by Toprarnen...the lighting makes it look pure white

1660698958354.png

1660699011533.png

as opposed to....

2023-Honda-Civic-Type-R-1-1640x1221.jpeg

294476183_3237696483152831_4623060483563877047_n-jpg.10175.jpg
Yep and thats why I want Championship white. It looks pure white and off white because of the lightning. It has a dual personality.

My GT350 is the same way and I love it. Theres a dude at the gym that has a CW FK8 and I've seen the two side by side up close in person. Wimbledon white is more darker so CW definitely looks more white!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Yep and thats why I want Championship white. It looks pure white and off white because of the lightning. It has a dual personality.

My GT350 is the same way and I love it. Theres a dude at the gym that has a CW FK8 and I've seen the two side by side up close in person. Wimbledon white is more darker so CW definitely looks more white!
For sure, it has that bone enamel white that for some reason just goes really well with the black trim 💀

I can see why others don't prefer its warm tone, but I find it more appealing to the eye...similar to how we calibrate picture quality on TVs to match the warmer cinema standard - more natural looking

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
For sure, it has that bone enamel white that for some reason just goes really well with the black trim 💀

I can see why others don't prefer its warm tone, but I find it more appealing to the eye...similar to how we calibrate picture quality on TVs to match the warmer cinema standard - more natural looking
As eloquent as that is, its dog piss i tell ya. Like the snow of winter. Without the heritage, who would choose this?

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
As eloquent as that is, its dog piss i tell ya. Like the snow of winter. Without the heritage, who would choose this?
We get it, you don't like it, you also want to PPF everything.

I would prefer a whiter white, but given the heritage aspect, that's cool too.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
its a awful color don't buy it. Thats why Honda releases all their press pictures in Champ white cause it looks awful.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I actually prefer warm whites to cool whites. Cool whites make me want to turn up the screen brightness in real life. Haha

The only color that could pull me away from Champ White would be a nice dark green. Seems like a missed opportunity to use a name like Midori or Hakone Green.

Reactions: Z3N
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I actually prefer warm whites to cool whites. Cool whites make me want to turn up the screen brightness in real life. Haha

The only color that could pull me away from Champ White would be a nice dark green. Seems like a missed opportunity to use a name like Midori or Hakone Green.
I think a darker lime green would look pretty awesome...not sure how well it'd go with all the red interior though 😬

11th Gen Honda Civic Best Factory Color - 2023 FL5 Type R 📸Updated Pics📸 honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506628_h

This kind of green looks great with blackout trim