• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Build Quality

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Have you noticed the fit & finish on the Si is not that great. Check the doors & hood gaps. You will notice they are all not even. Very surprised of this from Honda.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
If you own a 10th gen like I do, this doesn't surprise. Honda designs great cars. At the assembly line level though, quality control seems to be lacking.

I love my 10th gen overall but it has horrible paint, huge panels gaps and rattles galore.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yep, my Si has a really poorly aligned driver's door. It's not flush at the lower left or top right. Kind of disappointing. Also have a rattle in the driver's B-pillar right next to my ear, which started on day one.

As gtman said, i'm not worried about the car's reliability, and it's overall an amazingly good car, but it definitely could be put together better. My 2016 Civic wasn't great, but this 2022 is even sloppier..

OP
OP

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Also I noticed on the outside of the door where the metal meets the bottom of the window you can pull the metal away and water could get into the door. It feels very flimsy & cheap.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
I noticed at well under 300 miles the steering wheel seems ever so slightly turned to the right while driving straight. Should I take it to the dealer and have it aligned?

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Also I noticed on the outside of the door where the metal meets the bottom of the window you can pull the metal away and water could get into the door. It feels very flimsy & cheap.
For whatever it's worth, my old 1998 Civic hatch, built at Alliston, Ontario, had a similar issue. The car was reliable overall, but the poor sealing did cause the locks to freeze in freezing conditions.

It will be interesting to see how the 11th gen Civic does on build quality vs earlier versions.
Honda has expanded Civic production in the North America, and I wonder how the plants in Alliston and Greensburg, Indiana are coping with the challenge of building the 11th Gen.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
You'd think with modern assembly line tech and quality control checks things like this wouldn't even exist.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
It's the Canadians drinking too many Labatt's

OP
OP

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Sold my Si after one month ownership. I could not live with the poor fit and finish. The door Jams did not match up.

Ls1gto4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport touring, 2004 gto
My sport touring had horrible door fitment, body lines on it didnā€™t line up at all on any of them, took it back to the dealer and they were able to get it lined up.

OP
OP

ACSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
It looks like poor quality on the entire Civic lineup.

Ls1gto4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport touring, 2004 gto
It looks like poor quality on the entire Civic lineup.
I spoke with the guy who lined everything up and he said the pilots and ridgelines are terrible too. Not sure how they leave the factory that way but I imagine they probably think that most people wonā€™t notice or care.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
This is bad news. Honestly I've had very few issues with my 2017 Si and I bought it after it was wrecked. Guess I'll keep it a few more years.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Touring - 2020 BMW M340ixdrive
Thatā€™s the big reason I stop buying Honda vehicles anymore Iā€™ll stuck with 2014 for daily drive to work and enjoy the bmw M340ix driving.

punkwrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Thatā€™s the big reason I stop buying Honda vehicles anymore Iā€™ll stuck with 2014 for daily drive to work and enjoy the bmw M340ix driving.
That's funny because i am also in Canada with a 2020 M340i-X. Because of the crazy used market i am actually trading in my BMW for the 2022 Si due to inflation on everything and have different priorities right now. I Absolutely LOVE my M340 and it will be missed....but 1300$ just for the front brakes irked me lol.
Sponsored