• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Burning Smell

Lildag2

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
I just picked up by my 2022 civic SI from the dealer as it was coming off the delivery truck earlier this week with 10mi. I noticed an almost rubber burning smell from it after driving it. I’m not doing burn out or anything. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

KVR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch EX-L
Our 2022 hatch had that. Was some wax coating on the engine

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
There are so many chemicals and stickers on things like exhaust parts from the factory, its a common thing man. I wouldnt worry about it.

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
My (2017) had the same issue when new. Went away after a while. Just a heads up, the smell may come back once it is broken in if/when you start doing hard pulls to redline.

My understanding was oil coatings and other rust proofing on the exhaust system that burns off over time. That would explain why it smells the first few weeks then goes away, only to return when I start driving more aggressively and get the pipes hotter than normal.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange
Mine smelled as well. It is slowly going away but I only have 100km on the car.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
i've noticed this on a lot of new cars - have been told it's something in the exhaust? saw a comment about wax coating on the motor.. seems to go away pretty quickly but it's definitely distinct and worrisome at first!
Sponsored