• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Butter Wet Wax

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Tried a new wax from Chemical Guys called Butter Wet Wax that was recommended by a friend who shows cars. I was dubious of his claims as it’s not very expensive and I’ve always used Pinnacle Sovereign, which is on the pricey side of Fort Knox. Have to admit though that the Butter Wet Wax did a nice job. Just hope it lasts a while. Here’s some very quick shots that doesn’t really do the wax justice but I was impressed.

11th Gen Honda Civic Butter Wet Wax _DSC2240

11th Gen Honda Civic Butter Wet Wax IMG_8590
Sponsored

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Looks great. Most important question though, how does it smell?

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Looks gorgeous! From what I've seen watching chemical brothers' videos on their YouTube page the buttery wax lasts "around a month" from what they have said in those videos. I've used their products for a couple years as well as Adam's polish products. Those are just what I enjoy.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Mr G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI , 2017 Toyota Corolla IM,
If you want a very tough wax then Collinite family of waxes is the one to use, they been around for many years and are the most durable ones in the market. Most waxes don't have the durabily to last long like Collinite.

Last edited:

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Looks great, lasts only a few weeks. I used to use it, now I ceramic coat everything for infinitely better protection and minimized rubbing aka installing scratches on my paint.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
the meguiars ultimate wash with wax/polymers (bright yellow stuff) is awesome if you want something quick and easy. Collinite is what i use if i want a proper wax. also the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray is awesome. easy to apply, and the shine is much better than traditional carnauba wax.
Sponsored

Last edited: