• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buying a car in Canada to ship to US

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
In 2018, I contacted a few Canadian dealers about shipping a brand new Canadian CTR to FL where I live because I couldn't find a CTR for less than $5-10k mark up. The thing I didn't like that I found out was my warranty would be void in the US market with a Canadian designated car, plus import costs in addition to standard shipping costs. The lack of warranty coverage would hurt my re-sale value, so I opted against going this route and eventually found a CTR at MSRP in 2019.

So while it may be $4500 cheaper to get the Canadian BRZ and bring it state side, the warranty would be void in the US, as it would only be warrantied for the Canadian market. For anyone who cares about resale value within the warranty period, this would devalue the Canadian BRZ in the US market.

Cl189

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I wanted a Canadian type r because they have lane watch. But they don’t have tpms sensors and I believe it’s required in the us.
Sponsored