• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
The dealer in Ontario that has 2 coming per year told me that Honda told them, the first batch is coming now (50% of the 2023 cars), the second batch of 2023's will be arriving February/March and the 2024's are TBD. My guess is first batch of 2024's would be mid to late summer following the typical new model year release schedule most companies follow, but who really knows at this point.
That's awesome news. I'm in the top two at my GTA dealer. Hoping I can get my type R by Spring. Wonder what the shipping route is like for GTA bound cars.
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Agreed, also it seems some other information has come out as I saw a few posts regarding Canadian number being higher over the long term. Also remember Honda has never come out and officially stated this as fact, I think it was more of another miscommunication that all they allotting to Canada as of now is the 543, but with the plan to ramp up allocations. I mean they would be stupid not to given the demand and comparable FK8 sales.
i forgot to specify 2500 ->5000 is for the states alone but ya, stupid to limit production for "desirability" and forgoing revenue to make the car more exclusive like Toyota is doing with GRC, like come on its not 911 GT2rs or w/e. it's corolla, and civic, just churn them out and let people enjoy

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I would be totally cool to get mine mid summer 2023 as a 2024MY. We can all hope and pray right :)
I got no problem receiving it even by 2025. The later model the better, should be more refined and perfect.

Only concern though is will they keep the list who already had DP or will they reset it every year. If they could all give us the written paper of assurance we wouldn’t be so agitated and stressed like this lol

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I got no problem receiving it even by 2025. The later model the better, should be more refined and perfect.

Only concern though is will they keep the list who already had DP or will they reset it every year. If they could all give us the written paper of assurance we wouldn’t be so agitated and stressed like this lol
IF they already know through to 2025, we should all hearing something either way.

Saw this the other day:

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667927723513

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667927683717

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Agreed, also it seems some other information has come out as I saw a few posts regarding Canadian number being higher over the long term. Also remember Honda has never come out and officially stated this as fact, I think it was more of another miscommunication that all they allotting to Canada as of now is the 543, but with the plan to ramp up allocations. I mean they would be stupid not to given the demand and comparable FK8 sales.
I don't know, from what I've heard about how many some dealers are getting and how many aren't getting any, it sounds pretty accurate. There's 237 Honda Dealers in Canada, that would be roughly 2.3 per dealer, Some dealers aren't getting any, some getting only 1. I would say the dealers with more then 1 per year are getting some of the cars the other ones aren't getting.

I wouldnt be surprised if that number is in fact accurate, but who knows until Honda says anything.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
IF they already know through to 2025, we should all hearing something either way.

Saw this the other day:

1667927723513.png

1667927683717.png
Considering this is almost a month old I find this hard to believe fully. Feel like a lot of people would be vocal about this by now if this were the case.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Considering this is almost a month old I find this hard to believe fully. Feel like a lot of people would be vocal about this by now if this were the case.
I guess we can all email Honda Canada and tell them the demand is a lot more than their expectations. Japan have raised its production target for the Japanese market due to the unexpected demand.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I guess we can all email Honda Canada and tell them the demand is a lot more than their expectations. Japan have raised its production target for the Japanese market due to the unexpected demand.
i read somewhere on here that Honda was surprised by the demand...so i think they are aware haha idk what made them think demand would be less than FK8, maybe they thought fk8 satiated some demand and there wouldnt be much demand left anymore lol

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
We need to get one of those online petitions going, I mean if the internet can make Hollywood change Sonic the Hedgehogs movie design then surely we can get Honda to make more CTR's for Canada. We are not asking for freebies, we are all willing to pay Honda lol!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Honda in general seems to be missing the boat on allocations. I find it hilarious that PR is has 50 cars going to dealerships off the bat, some already have their cars and they haven't reached the east coast US. Meanwhile we're struggle with 15 for the country with no sight of actual deliveries LOL

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Honda in general seems to be missing the boat on allocations. I find it hilarious that PR is has 50 cars going to dealerships off the bat, some already have their cars and they haven't reached the east coast US. Meanwhile we're struggle with 15 for the country with no sight of actual deliveries LOL
ya its funny how first deliveries all went to the people not on this forum lol this forum is probably the biggest CTR forum too for NA.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Lol dude is complaining about 3 degrees, its - 21 here in Southern Alberta tonight.
I really want to see this in person though, whoever gets one in Alberta please DM me I would love to see it. I will buy you a coffee lol.