• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Winter Wheel Update - I got winter shoes put on today. If it's useful, here are the specs:

Wheels are Enkei Raijins 18 x 8 +42, 5 x 120 CB 72.6 (Black Paint), with Continental IceContactXTRM 235/40R18 tires. The shop I worked with first tried some Konig Hexaforms but they wouldn't clear the calipers. I am happy with the look of the Enkei wheels though. Now we're ready for winter! Shout out to Tires23 in Mississauga for the help.

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg
Any idea is the winter wheels same for 11th gen Civic? Or is type R different
Sponsored

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Any idea is the winter wheels same for 11th gen Civic? Or is type R different
Honestly I’m not 100% sure, but the type R has bigger stock wheels and brakes than the standard civic so I would think the size for winters would be different. These wheels were picked so they would clear the calipers and the tire size is only a 0.4% circumference difference from stock on the type r. At this point I think most shops and online resources like tire rack should know fitment on the 11th gen civics at least.

Last edited:

Prodius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 EP3R, 65 Mustang 289
Ottawa Barrhaven just delivered their only 2023 CTR. Was invited to look at it as I have the 2025 allocation. They're only getting 3 cars in total, one per year and all spoken for; a grey 2023, a red 2024 and my 2025 Championship White CTR.
Only option I noticed on this car was the Alcantera steering wheel.
Cheers!

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 20221208_181851

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I guess this the reason why we dont have much FL5s around in BC. 😢
85597349-CE22-4F47-990F-3FCF187962A4.jpeg

97858642-271C-49CC-BD42-8727A7DE9845.jpeg
This is such a bad look for these dealers. Plus whatever profit they make on one car could be outweighed by the risk of future allocations from Honda being pulled and the chance to build loyalty from more customers. I was lucky my dealer was fair and transparent about the deal.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I guess this the reason why we dont have much FL5s around in BC. 😢
85597349-CE22-4F47-990F-3FCF187962A4.jpeg

97858642-271C-49CC-BD42-8727A7DE9845.jpeg
Like I said in the other thread, they are throwing darts and hoping a drug dealer buys it.

Also, what dealer is that at and where did you see the ad?

Last edited:

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Like I said in the other thread, they are throwing darts and hoping a drug dealer buys it.

The Honda Way in Abbotsford, BC. Coincidentally, there are indeed lots of drug dealers in that region, it seems. I heard this dealer also imports S2000s with questionable histories and sells them for inflated prices. I’m sorta local to them, and I would never step foot in a dealer with known scummy practices.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The Honda Way in Abbotsford, BC. Coincidentally, there are indeed lots of drug dealers in that region, it seems. I heard this dealer also imports S2000s with questionable histories and sells them for inflated prices. I’m sorta local to them, and I would never step foot in a dealer with known scummy practices.
I’d really like to know if they are the original seller of the vehicle. I have no doubt they are.

So they all bagged on it during its break in period and now they mark it up 38k and try and sell it…like I said drug dealer bait.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
If we all put Google reviews then it would incentive public awareness about this terrible practice
That’s what I would love to do but I’m in no position to complain as they didn’t even entertained me for the FL5. But if you guys do it, I will join for sure. lol

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

Its in Honda Way Abbotsford. The other one couldn’t find it now, but I just searched in my marketplace nearby from FB and they popped yesterday.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
I’d really like to know if they are the original seller of the vehicle. I have no doubt they are.

So they all bagged on it during its break in period and now they mark it up 38k and try and sell it…like I said drug dealer bait.
Yup that’s even worse than the markups in the States. At least those ones down there you’re getting a completely new car. This case, you’re getting a bagged-on car with hundreds of KMs on it, with a markup that rivals or beats some of the markups I’ve seen across the border.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Its in Honda Way Abbotsford. The other one couldn’t find it now, but I just searched in my marketplace nearby from FB and they popped yesterday.
It’s on auto trader as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: