• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondaā€™s
Same ^

But speaking to two dealers a mnth or so ago sounds like Canada is looking at a March-June batch

Some early US FL5s that were produced last Aug reported issues with clear coat/paint
Seat squeaking
and CEL
non are major and all are being covered under manf. warranty

but perhaps these are additional delay factors as Japan is addressing these issues

or it could be that UK, NZ and Australia and indo pacific got their 1st batch recently and considering we got our 1st batch already we go back into the Q
A March - April delivery would be perfect for me as I am in laval quebec, if you donā€™t mind me, asking which two dealer did you speak to me with this information

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
From FB group posts, the statesā€™ dealerships are down to 4k - 5k markup, and those dealers asking for more do not sell their cars. Meanwhile, My local dealers have 3 SGP FL5 sitting in the showrooms and are asking $82k, $82k & 89k. The good news is that they're all unsold.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
My guess they will be building a lot more cars for Canada and the 500ish number is BS.
Westwood Honda has sold 2 of them in the last 3 months.
Have you heard any updates? Im supposed to be one of the next.. but they are radio silent. No updates, nothing

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
From FB group posts, the statesā€™ dealerships are down to 4k - 5k markup, and those dealers asking for more do not sell their cars. Meanwhile, My local dealers have 3 SGP FL5 sitting in the showrooms and are asking $82k, $82k & 89k. The good news is that they're all unsold.
Maybe. U r in west coast.. i refer to those "retarded listing" when talking to my friends lol so stupid

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
which province are they in?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
saw this article recently, i think this helps put into perspective the fulfillment process and demand for this car, it's pretty clear Honda made the US their top priority, hopefully we get what we can here in Canada and may be they produce more in the future since the demand really exceeded Honda projected expectation for sales

https://hypebeast.com/2023/1/honda-civic-type-r-halts-orders-in-japan-news

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondaā€™s

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Any other canadians get their cars yet? My dealer in gta still hasn't gotten even their first!
A dealer I asked before told me they don't think they will get any Type R. Recently, they received their first one and the sales guy told me their second one should arrive before summer.
Another dealer that received the first batch back in Oct / Nov already had their SECOND Type R received in Jan.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
A dealer I asked before told me they don't think they will get any Type R. Recently, they received their first one and the sales guy told me their second one should arrive before summer.
Another dealer that received the first batch back in Oct / Nov already had their SECOND Type R received in Jan.
i guess i just have a lower volume dealer. May i ask who you have contacted?

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I had a dream last night that someone stole my FL5. Also now that Iā€™ve had it a few months I realize just how lucky I am to have gotten one so early in the game! How lucky I am to have gotten one at all. I really hope Canada gets a nice flood of cars this spring cause I actually feel guilty being the only one around here with one.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Enjoy for all of us @POPNTEC!

Curious, how much are you paying for insurance? I haven't started asking but wondering what it would be for the GTA.
Sponsored