• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I never left lol, been around keeping an eye on ITS stuff. I have a deposit in remember? FL5 is DOA but still have a horse in the race with the ITS

I diversified my portfolio lol g87, g80, Golf R and ITS all expected to land some time in June. So really need to see how the reviews stack up.

My top picks are the ITS and G87 with G80 as back up. golf R I'm probably going to just get a refund on.
The golf r is still the one with no knobs or buttons on the infotainment right? Haven’t Kept up with the golf r was waiting for the refresh to get some knobs loll
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Yeah, it’s all haptics in the controls on steering wheel and touch everything else. Not a fan but people seem to not mind it as much after a while. I still have deposit in for one, but I don’t see myself getting one anytime soon and there’s some talks about VW dropping the manual option in the refresh :confused:

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
April 14th is official release and June deliveries for ITS.

The official release will be made at the 48th annual Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach

Depending on what the ITS looks like etc, I may keep or sell it back out into the GTA market. Got a few cars lined up not sure which I'm keeping TBH.
nice to hear from you! Is June confirmed confirmed for first batch deliveries? So excited! I heard May from my guy

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah, it’s all haptics in the controls on steering wheel and touch everything else. Not a fan but people seem to not mind it as much after a while. I still have deposit in for one, but I don’t see myself getting one anytime soon and there’s some talks about VW dropping the manual option in the refresh :confused:
Mk8.5R will have buttons back on the steering wheel 100%. Larger screens but no buttons
nice to hear from you! Is June confirmed confirmed for first batch deliveries? So excited! I heard May from my guy
So the June date is based on USA deliveries, I don't forsee Canadians being delayed. But the goal post is still June. May probably might be optimistic, but we will find out in 2.5 weeks. Everyone is still pretty hush hush about dates and numbers.

Rumors are the ITS isn't going to be as available as people think. Apparently sharing components with the FL5 isn't a good thing, because both sides need engines and what not for assembly. So the ITS MIGHT be limited (atleast at launch). It's what I'm made to believe, bit might just be cars salesman doing car salesman things.

It makes sense though, they can't make enough parts even for the FL5. Let alone another version of it.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Rumors are the ITS isn't going to be as available as people think. Apparently sharing components with the FL5 isn't a good thing, because both sides need engines and what not for assembly. So the ITS MIGHT be limited (atleast at launch). It's what I'm made to believe, bit might just be cars salesman doing car salesman things.

It makes sense though, they can't make enough parts even for the FL5. Let alone another version of it.
As far as you know or anyone for that matter, has it been mentioned where they're going to be building the ITS? I'm assuming somewhere in North America, so that should ease availability somewhat.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
As far as you know or anyone for that matter, has it been mentioned where they're going to be building the ITS? I'm assuming somewhere in North America, so that should ease availability somewhat.
It's built in the USA, Ohio.

Last edited:

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
If you read the article, I posted below here’s a quote I pulled out of it

“550 / 3 = 183 per year for all of Canada “

piece of trivia: 2,828 FK8 Honda Civic Type R units were delivered new in Canada between the 2017 and 2021 model years.

Whoever works at Honda Canada Inc doesn’t know how to do math in my opinion, I understand the United States has a different market but the numbers just don’t make sense for Canada,

https://www.supercars.net/blog/2023...wuPb0NC0JMLQejZVvkfNEYk6yiBjw&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
We are all fully aware... no sense beating a dead horse at this point. If you're not on the list at a dealership by this point, there's not much hope of getting one. And if you are, then there's still some uncertainty lol. We were discussing the Integra Type S.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Are we time traveling back to pre-FL5 analysis here lmao.

We ALL know the current limitations of allocations to Canada and ROW.

Dead horse as mentioned above..... If you don't have 1 of the possible max of 4-6 dealership allocations (over next 3 model years) you will be buying the FL5 used or an ITS (those are all pretty much called for also). No way around it.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
If you read the article, I posted below here’s a quote I pulled out of it

“550 / 3 = 183 per year for all of Canada “
Keep in mind that original rumour is actually quoted as coming from this very same forum. Since then theres been no news either confirming it or denying it. Hopefully its wrong, or the ITS makes up for the missing volume instead (and hopefully isn't ridiculously more expensive).

The last news I got from my salesman/sales manager was end of Oct 2022 and that they were getting a total of 2 Type Rs coming in between now and 2025. Keep in mind theyre a relatively lower volume dealer.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Funny to think that they (US and others) might get their FL5s back after recalls before we get ours (are we tho? Lol).

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
woahhh so crazy how news travel fast, I was just looking at the article for the stop sale related to seat welding point issue

Tuhroo actually posted a picture of a service bulletin from Honda head office, in the states

and then few seconds later I get a screen shot of service bulletin advisor from Honda Canada

I won't mention who or where for confidentiality but it just came out now... BUTTT!!!

here is the interesting part, in the screenshot it says units affected

says 79 units (3 unsold)

So that tells me there are 79 FL5s in Canada, where are they!!!? find that hard to believe...and how is there so many of us still waiting on ours when 79 FL5s were sold ? I am certain that number is for the FL5 because the memo subject only addresses 2023 Civic Type R - Driver's seat ...

Didn't say Civic or Honda in general which may include other models, this memo is only out for the Type R and apparently 79 units were sold here already

I think there are may be 2 max 3 people from canada that received their FL5 that have been posting online either fb or on this forum

the rest are ghosts... I really thought Canada only got 18 cars so far
Sponsored