• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can't decide between SI or Integra

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Before you get out the flame throwers and torch me. Hear me out.

I have decided my next vehicle will either an SI or Integra. I have enough positive equity on my current vehicle that both vehicles will be paid off. Cash back to me on the SI, or some cash out of pocket for the Integra.

The reason why the integra is on the table is, I value the additional features (heated seats/steering wheel, adjustable dampers, HUD, hatchback, etc), but unsure if they are worth the additional cost.

Why did you choose your SI over an integra?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

I have decided my next vehicle will either an SI or Integra. I have enough positive equity on my current vehicle that both vehicles will be paid off. Cash back to me on the SI, or some cash out of pocket for the Integra.

The reason why the integra is on the table is, I value the additional features (heated seats/steering wheel, adjustable dampers, HUD, hatchback, etc), but unsure if they are worth the additional cost.

+1 for the Teggy. 😉

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
We had both on order, and the Si came in first. Tried the Integra out when the dealer got one in, and it is definitely a nicer car in a few ways but also another $7500 (that's the best they could do on trade). If it were for me, I may have considered it as I liked the extra features (seats and stereo in particular), but it was for my wife and she didn't care enough to spend the money. They are both nice cars, they drive VERY similar, and either one is a good choice. Just a matter of how important the features and longer warranty are to you. Also, Integra doesn't have a heated steering wheel standard; I think it's a dealer add-on.

One other thing, the liftover height of the hatch makes it a bit less convenient than, say, something like a CTR. Or even a car with a trunk, like the Si. And also, there's more headroom in the back of the Si due to the roofline. Matters when one kid is 6'1", and the other will be there soon.

EDIT: Just noticed you have a Type R; I wouldn't get rid of that for either one of them. As good as they are, they most certainly aren't a CTR in terms of driving. Nicer interior for sure, but if you think either will be nearly as enjoyable to drive as your current ride, they won't be. Just throwing that out there since I own both.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The Integra features are so much different than the Civic I'd say get the Integra if you like the extras and cost is not a concern. If cost was a concern I'd say the Civic as it is almost as good. I like the leather interior of the Integra. I like the firmer ride of the Civic, and I would not like a softer ride, some people may want a softer ride. Good luck with your choice.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline

I say teggy for the creature comforts.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
I had both on order but decided on the Integra since Honda dealers are charging anywhere from $3k-5k over MSRP, meanwhile I can get an Integra for MSRP. Since the price gap isn’t as big, the Integra made more sense for me. If both were available at MSRP, I likely would have gone for the Si, it’s a great bargain at that price point

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Keep the FK8 unless you want to cash out the positive equity and down size. Both Si and Integra are a downgrade.
Sponsored