• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sedan 1.5 Turbo
hey friends my name is Timur (you can call me Tim if easier),I'am half Canadian half Turkish and a happy owner of a new 2022 civic eu spec 1.5turbo.

I kindly wanted know where the subwoofer on the Sedan bose system is situated and if anyone can take a picture of how it appears from the inside of the car?

I'am guessing it sits on the rear deck firing into the cabin but can anyone be kind enough to take a picture of the rear deck cover (obviously with Bose system only)so I can understand exactly how honda went by this and try to do it as diy with a free air aftermarket subwoofer
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
hey friends my name is Timur (you can call me Tim if easier),I'am half Canadian half Turkish and a happy owner of a new 2022 civic eu spec 1.5turbo.

I kindly wanted know where the subwoofer on the Sedan bose system is situated and if anyone can take a picture of how it appears from the inside of the car?

I'am guessing it sits on the rear deck firing into the cabin but can anyone be kind enough to take a picture of the rear deck cover (obviously with Bose system only)so I can understand exactly how honda went by this and try to do it as diy with a free air aftermarket subwoofer
Hi Tim,

I own a '22 Civic Si with the same Bose system as your sedan but don't have access to my car to take a picture. I don't think there is an access panel on the back deck part of the interior rather you gain access to the speaker from the trunk. It's very obvious as to which speaker it is as it fires upwards into the cabin from the trunk. I believe the speaker is an 8" free air sub. In the US, there is a company called Crutchfield which has a great system of providing aftermarket audio and speaker replacements from the stock OEM units. Their system does a great job of filtering out which components fit in which locations. Eventually I will replace the stock speakers with higher quality units.

crutchfield.com

-Jamie

OP
OP

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tim,

I own a '22 Civic Si with the same Bose system as your sedan but don't have access to my car to take a picture. I don't think there is an access panel on the back deck part of the interior rather you gain access to the speaker from the trunk. It's very obvious as to which speaker it is as it fires upwards into the cabin from the trunk. I believe the speaker is an 8" free air sub. In the US, there is a company called Crutchfield which has a great system of providing aftermarket audio and speaker replacements from the stock OEM units. Their system does a great job of filtering out which components fit in which locations. Eventually I will replace the stock speakers with higher quality units.

crutchfield.com

-Jamie
Hi Jamie,

thank you soo much for the effort in guiding me greatly appreciate it, what I was initially refering to is actually a picture of that plastic cover that is in the cabin that sits on top of the rear deck.

my car (being without a bose system) doesnt have any grill for the subwoofer to fire through into the cabin and was wondering what the bose equipped sedan rear deck platic cover looks like to see if I can make a similiar grill.

anychance you can take a photo and upload? or does it have a grill in the first place?

Cneumann320

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport touring 6 speed manual
Disregard the debris, I gotta vacuum it out again. (Waiting on weather tech floor mats).

22 sport touring hatchback, bose System. The sub is located on the passenger side side panel in the trunk facing towards the driver's side. I'd imagine it's the same for all civics with the bose system.

11th Gen Honda Civic CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE 20220620_082024

OP
OP

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disregard the debris, I gotta vacuum it out again. (Waiting on weather tech floor mats).

22 sport touring hatchback, bose System. The sub is located on the passenger side side panel in the trunk facing towards the driver's side. I'd imagine it's the same for all civics with the bose system.

20220620_082024.jpg

thank you very much Curtis for going through the trouble but unfortunatley the sedan bose systems subwoofer isnt located in the same area nor does it operate in an enclosure like the hatchbacks (atleast as far as I'am told so far)

but again many thanks for the effort

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Hi Jamie,

thank you soo much for the effort in guiding me greatly appreciate it, what I was initially refering to is actually a picture of that plastic cover that is in the cabin that sits on top of the rear deck.

my car (being without a bose system) doesnt have any grill for the subwoofer to fire through into the cabin and was wondering what the bose equipped sedan rear deck platic cover looks like to see if I can make a similiar grill.

anychance you can take a photo and upload? or does it have a grill in the first place?
Ah! Now I understand. I took some pictures of the rear deck:
Hi Jamie,

Ah I understand now!
I took a few pictures of the rear deck. As you can see, there is no obvious access panel for the speaker. The speaker is offset slightly to the right (from the trunk perspective) and fires through the panel itself. I hope these images help.
11th Gen Honda Civic CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE IMG_2087.JPEG
11th Gen Honda Civic CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE IMG_2088.JPEG
11th Gen Honda Civic CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE IMG_2089.JPEG
11th Gen Honda Civic CIVIC SEDAN BOSE ASSISTANCE IMG_2090.JPEG

OP
OP

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah! Now I understand. I took some pictures of the rear deck:

Ah I understand now!
I took a few pictures of the rear deck. As you can see, there is no obvious access panel for the speaker. The speaker is offset slightly to the right (from the trunk perspective) and fires through the panel itself. I hope these images help.
IMG_2087.JPEG
IMG_2088.JPEG
IMG_2089.JPEG
IMG_2090.JPEG

Bang on!!! thank you soo soo much!

this confirms what I thought ,I need to somehow get a U.S spec Bose rear deck cover :)

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Bang on!!! thank you soo soo much!

this confirms what I thought ,I need to somehow get a U.S spec Bose rear deck cover :)
Glad I could help you! You may want to make sure you can mount a speaker to where the deck panel mounts to the metal frame of the trunk. I'm not sure if it's a separate piece from Bose/Non-Bose systems. Best of luck!
Sponsored