• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Si getting nerfed due to Integra revival?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
You sure that said compressor? The only thing I've seen is the condenser they are covering.
Maybe. Condenser/Compressor. Some C word. They were extending the warranty due to possibility of a part associated with the AC causing a leak.
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Maybe. Condenser/Compressor. Some C word. They were extending the warranty due to possibility of a part associated with the AC causing a leak.
I work as a Service Tech for Honda and yes it’s 100% the condenser. We change them daily. And yes Honda extended the warranty for this part for 10 years. For most we’ve seen, the average age of the failures are 1-3 years old. Anymore than that, you’re likely good to go. ??

Engine Fire

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 6 MT, 2017 Civic LX MT
I just had the condenser changed in my 2017 civic LX. The dealer also said that the evaporator showed some leakage as well which is a $2k replacement. I was told that Honda initially covered the condenser and the evaporator, but since few evaporators were replaced, they dropped it from the extended warranty service bulletin. It is both unfortunate and unusual for Civics to have A/C issues after a few years. I've seen plenty of 20+year old Civics with perfectly cold A/C.