• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Climate Control Settings - heat automatically turns on to max

em804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX, 1996 TL
Hey everyone,

When I turn the heat on in my car in the morning, regardless of which climate control mode/setting I chose (upper air flow, lower air flow, front windshield defrost), or which mode it was in the last time the car was on, it automatically turns it on to max.

And then when I turn it down a little after the car warms up or after the windshield defrosts, let's say I'll turn it down to one or two dots, and then if I switch the mode from say "upper air flow" to "front defrost," or vice versa, regardless of what it was set to, it automatically goes to max when I switch from one to the other.

So I constantly find myself lowering down the airflow while driving.

Is it supposed to work like this? I've looked through the owners manual and I've looked through different settings in the car but can't find a way to adjust this. Is this possible?
Sponsored

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Are you setting the temp to max heat? If so that’s normal behavior. If not I’d say have Honda look at it

tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Integra GSR / 2022 Civic Sport Hatch
Take a video and play with the controls, I'm interested in seeing the settings and how the fan reacts. I've left mine on 75 degrees full auto since I bought it Monday, haven't had a chance to play with the climate controls much yet.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I’ll add that the behavior on mine does seem different compared to my 10th gen. I kept it between 70-72F all the time but I feel like on the 11th gen it needs to be more like 74-75F to feel the same. I’ve only had my 11th gen for a few weeks but my first impression is that it might be factoring in the outside temperature and I’m not sure the 10th gen did that. When it’s a little warmer outside (I mean 50’s instead of 40’s) I have to turn the temp all the way up to Hi to get the fans going even when the engine’s already warmed up. That said, I like to just leave it on Auto and adjust only the temp.

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Mine ('24 sport touring) behaves this way. When I change the vent to 'defrost', it sets it to max fan speed, regardless of what the temperature is set to and regardless of "auto" or not. Setting it to defrost also disables 'auto'. I haven't noticed if it's changing the temperature setting at the same time, but I pretty much never have it on "Hi" usually 70-80. This is annoying, if I need the windshield defrosted that quickly I'll set it to max fan speed myself, I usually have it set to 1-3 to keep the noise down so it's jarring when it sets it to max
I noticed the other day that it was blowing cold-ish air through the vents no matter what I set the temperature to, even at 86, and only got warm when I set it to "Hi". It was a bit warmer out, probably 40-50f, but still it definitely wasn't 86 degrees in the car. Haven't had a problem like that since.
Sponsored