• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

[Cough] Has anyone stopped to think that FL5 production is going to be limited and made in Japan because of the coming Integra Type S? [Cough]

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I wonder if anyone has put any thought into that? Crazy, right? 🤫
Have they committed to making the teg s? If not it would be a couple years out and its Acura not Honda albeit I understand the sister branding. Id venture to say the teg s does not have the same cult following, particularly given the FK8 has 5 years under its belt in the US already. The teg s is my “possible backup plan” to the type r.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Or maaaybeee... it has to do with Honda only being able to produce 40-60% of what they usually do.

Honestly I'd love a manual Integra Type S with a 2.0T but I think it'll be even more expensive than the Type R.
Id bet $45k but with less markup.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Hypothetical math here:

Acura TLX A-Spec (SH-AWD) : $47,850
Acura TLX Type-S (SH-AWD) : $53,700 (12.2% increase, or $5850 more)

Acura Integra A-Spec : $35,800
Acura Integra Type-S : $40,167 (12.2% increase) or $41,650 ($5850 more)

Actually not as high as I thought it might be. 2021 Civic Type R had a MSRP of $38,910 for reference.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
They are absolutely making an Integra Type S. They are finalizing design and production - transmission type and drivetrain (AWD/FWD) still up in the air as far as my understanding goes.

I’d say to bookmark this post and check back in about 6-8 months.
Source? Only thing I've seen is a picture someone leaked that isn't even verified, and supposedly announced or coming out in 2022. Yeh, there's no type s coming out. All interviews with the designer shows him begging honda to, yet no official answer.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I wonder if anyone has put any thought into that? Crazy, right? 🤫
Why would you think that? The 2023 Acura Integra is built in Marysville Ohio plant while the LHD Civic Hatchback is built in Greensburg Indiana. If a Type-S is built it's coming out of Marysville so not directly affecting Civic HB production capacity. Type-S would be ~6k units at most for LHD not by artificial limiters but the market simply wasn't interested in the ILX with about 14k sold in the US annually. First two months of Integra sales (although this is likely supply limited) show 2916 Integras sold in the US for June & July. Besides the first year the Integra demand clamoring for nostalgia it isn't all that compelling for its segment and doubtful to change the annual car sales by a lot over the ILX due to Acura's pricing model & offering. Type-S, again if it's coming, likely gets the Accord 252hp or possibly the RDX 272hp K20 variant without SH-ATTS and will cost on par or just over the lower end TLX or the CTR.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Judging by the current TLX to TLX Type S pricing strategy, I can’t see a $10k difference between A-Spec and Type S on the Integra. Maybe 6K difference max. That puts the ITS at around $39K.

11th Gen Honda Civic [Cough] Has anyone stopped to think that FL5 production is going to be limited and made in Japan because of the coming Integra Type S? [Cough] 54313298-BCF4-47F3-A791-B8B506B15C33

11th Gen Honda Civic [Cough] Has anyone stopped to think that FL5 production is going to be limited and made in Japan because of the coming Integra Type S? [Cough] C5D908D5-6C94-40C1-8638-C36058B0F275

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ that would be kind of a steal if they had the similarly refined interior as the a-spec.

If they could bottle the interior of the civic sport touring and the perf of the type r at 40k it would be a unicorn.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Obviously no one knows but I would assume it just comes with an Acura spec 2.0T right? With the 10 speed auto it would be a fairly quick car numbers wise.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Obviously no one knows but I would assume it just comes with an Acura spec 2.0T right? With the 10 speed auto it would be a fairly quick car numbers wise.
Imagine a 2.0T Si in hatch form (like an SiR) with better interior. Or an Accord 2.0T Sport on a diet (smaller and not as heavy), also in hatch form.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Imagine a 2.0T Si in hatch form (like an SiR) with better interior. Or an Accord 2.0T Sport on a diet (smaller and not as heavy), also in hatch form.
Yup yup.

While I would expect the Integra to be lighter... The Accord Sport 2.0T is likely lighter than you may think.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I'd love to see it happen, but as an Integra Type R , not a Type S please, never liked the sound of S over R . They would not do an AWD as it would mess with the CTR offering, they both need to be the same platform and powertrain.

I say the CTR gone into production by the skin of its teeth, and in 3 years time we won't see it again in ICE format if it should continue. I don't know why Honda would limit production so much other than the fact that they can't produce cars very quickly and it isn't showing signs of improving any time soon.
Sponsored