• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crazy Backfire

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Hey Fellow Civic Owners,

I'm based here in New Jersey and I'm one of the few 11th gen owners. With there still being a low # of other 11th gen owners, I have yet to come across another 2022 SI owner so I can exchange #s and meet up.

Anyways, I pulled on to a highway with traffic, so i was chilling in 5th gear going pretty slow, until an opening opened up and I was able to sneak in there and floor it.

I downshifted from 5th to 3rd, got the RPMs to 5k (?) after the downshift and floored it. I cannot even tell if i ran over something and it hit the underbody of the car or if my car backfired from the right exhaust. It literally sounded like a balloon popped inside my cabin. I was both concerned yet very excited to go out and replicate this same event.

There was no damage anywhere on my car so it makes me believe that it was truly a pop

Anyone else have experience with crackles and pops on a stock 11th gen?
Sponsored

Zayzayy

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen si
Hey Fellow Civic Owners,

I'm based here in New Jersey and I'm one of the few 11th gen owners. With there still being a low # of other 11th gen owners, I have yet to come across another 2022 SI owner so I can exchange #s and meet up.

Anyways, I pulled on to a highway with traffic, so i was chilling in 5th gear going pretty slow, until an opening opened up and I was able to sneak in there and floor it.

I downshifted from 5th to 3rd, got the RPMs to 5k (?) after the downshift and floored it. I cannot even tell if i ran over something and it hit the underbody of the car or if my car backfired from the right exhaust. It literally sounded like a balloon popped inside my cabin. I was both concerned yet very excited to go out and replicate this same event.

There was no damage anywhere on my car so it makes me believe that it was truly a pop

Anyone else have experience with crackles and pops on a stock 11th gen?
I’ve heard some crackles here and there in my 11th gen mostly when over revving in reverse

kpelkey151

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Money shifting already! I'm curious how this is handled with Rev match and if Rev match would ever intentionally harm the vehicle.

From my experience the exhaust isn't even noticeable but I'm coming from a 10th gen with an after market exhaust

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Listen to the leaked 27won exhaust video here on the forum, redline on this car makes some crazy pops.

kpelkey151

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Do you have the link? All I have seen was the downpipe with stock exhaust

OP
OP

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Money shifting already! I'm curious how this is handled with Rev match and if Rev match would ever intentionally harm the vehicle.

From my experience the exhaust isn't even noticeable but I'm coming from a 10th gen with an after market exhaust
No money shifting! But I am curious if the Auto Rev will even enable an over-rev. It's literally the best features nonetheless of this platform

22-Si

First Name
Utku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
No money shifting! But I am curious if the Auto Rev will even enable an over-rev. It's literally the best features nonetheless of this platform
In the manual Honda states that if you are about to money shift and over rev the car the auto rev-match function will be disabled. So, no auto rev-match if you are trying to money shift.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
No rev match but that doesn't prevent the money-shift; that's all on the operator.
Regarding the "pop" more likely you ran over something than getting a stock Si to "fart".
Sponsored