• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cutaway of the mysterious intake box

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
We’ve posted some pictures, with a straight through view, and there doesn’t appear to be really much of anything inside.

OP
OP
hhkb

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
We’ve posted some pictures, with a straight through view, and there doesn’t appear to be really much of anything inside.
So it's all a red herring!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I always figured it was an intake cover due to the repositioned hood scoop, for liquid/debris protection

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I always figured it was an intake cover due to the repositioned hood scoop, for liquid/debris protection
I think this can be the only explanation. Protecting the turbo from dripping water coming from the bonnet vent.
The plastic would be less likely to corrode over time also.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Probably just a shield to protect from dripping water. Cold water on hot metal can cause it to crack, so maybe they're just using a little plastic piece to insulate the metal.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Would it have been much worse to mount a "drip pan" under the scoop on the hood? A la MR2 Spyder, etc.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Would it have been much worse to mount a "drip pan" under the scoop on the hood? A la MR2 Spyder, etc.
You can't make that look like a pretty engine accessory while the hood is open 😉

OP
OP
hhkb

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I wonder if that area can house some dry ice...

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The MR2 Spyder drip pan under the hood vent is really heavy. It makes the Spdyer trunk as heavy as a normal hood despite it being half the size. Using plastic mounted to the intake tubing is the lighter option compared to a metal pan attached to the hood.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
The MR2 Spyder drip pan under the hood vent is really heavy. It makes the Spdyer trunk as heavy as a normal hood despite it being half the size. Using plastic mounted to the intake tubing is the lighter option compared to a metal pan attached to the hood.
The pan could be plastic or something. Everything on the Spyder is steel anyway.

OP
OP
hhkb

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
According to Spoon...
11th Gen Honda Civic Cutaway of the mysterious intake box Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 10.11.52 AM