• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Hello all. I have always liked the floors of my vehicles lit, not only for a nice look, but also for help picking things up that I drop on the floor in the dark. In 2011 I purchased a WRX which offered a factory interior illumination kit. This kit was so nice I have purchased it for all of my current vehicles. This post will outline the use of them within the 2022 Civic model if interested. This install does not require any drilling, or vehicle modification and can be simply removed when needed.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY lights on

Things needed:

1- Subaru Interior lighting kit part number H201SSC100 (for red lights. They do offer a blue kit as well)
1 - Mini fuse tap, with 10A mini fuse
18-24" of primary wire
1 - Butt connector
1- Round terminal connector

Tools needed:

10mm wrench
13mm socket
Phillips screw driver
Wire cutter/stripper/crimper

Subaru led lighting kit is easily found on amazon, and is where I have purchased it from several times.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY subaru lights
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Step one, prepping the wiring harness. The Subaru light kit comes with two LED lights, and a harness. The black leads will be kept, but the white ends will need to be removed. This is how the wiring harness is without modification.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY wiring befor

Once the harness is modified as outlined in the picture above it should look like this.

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY wiring after

Step two is mounting the lights. The lights with the straight mounting tab are used for the drivers side, while the one with the bend is used for the passengers side.

Drivers Side mounting:

Look under the dash, you will see a single stud with a 10mm nut on it. Remove this nut, install the light, and replace the nut.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY ds mounting loc

Once tightened you can now bend the light bracket to look like this.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY dirvers side mountin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Passengers Side mounting:
Under the pass side dash locate this single 10mm bolt, and remove.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY pass side mountin

Install the light, and replace the bolt. Note; this goes into plastic so do not over tighten. I used a screwdriver to put the bolt back in and a wrench to remove. Once installed it will look like this.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY pass sid

Now you are ready to start wiring.

Start with the harness under the drivers side dash, and feed the longest lead behind the center console and plug it into the pass side light. (Passengers side is now finished)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Now you can add your round terminal end to your grounding wire (black colored wire). You are also going to want to add approximately 18" of additional wire to the yellow wire, which will provide power to the lights from the fuse box.
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY wirin

I found a strong ground on this firewall stud. I added a second nut I had in my garage to make things easier, but you can just removed the OEM nut, add the terminal and replace. The black wire will be long enough and does not need to be lengthened.

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY ground location

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Now you can run the harness to your drivers side light and plug it in. I used zip ties to attach the Subaru harness to an OEM harness which runs nicely along the firewall.

Last is connecting your power. I decided to have the lights on whenever the vehicle is on. With the use of a mini fuse tap, remove the outlined fuse, and replace with an additional 10 amp fuse. Connect the fuse tap to the yellow power wire and you are finished.

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY fuse box

Enjoy your new under-ash illumination kit!
11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY ds lights on

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Now how can I run these outside the car?? Like let's say...wheel well? Or under body kit??

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I just received the LED kit and installed it today. Definitely a lot easier than the OEM kit.

Thanks for the write up!

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY 1684459670325

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY 1684459675529

11th Gen Honda Civic Dash illumination kit (subaru) install on 2022 Civic. DIY 1684475662517

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Looks great! Nice job, glad it worked out well for you.
Sponsored