• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delivery Speculation

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If the FL5 is indeed made in Japan, they of course will need to be transported via RoRo ship.

The larger RoRo ships can hold about 8k cars depending on size and configuration of both the boat and the cars it’s carrying.

To keep the pricing consistent I would think that there would be one shipment to cover a year rather than multiple shipments throughout.

If that is the scenario, it’s plausible production has already commenced and volume for a given year will arrive all at once, rather than the choppy production schedules we have seen on the FL1 and others.

Dealers may receive multiple cars at once per delivery, where as if produced in the US, there would be a delay between cars with unknown timing. I suspect order of delivery within regions will depend on ultimate port of entry.

Just thoughts but definitely presents an interesting outlay.
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I've read they will only ship cars that have been ordered vs letting them sit in a dealership so im not sure how this could be possible.. low volume sure but I doubt they will ship a years worth of cars in 1 ship..

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I've read they will only ship cars that have been ordered vs letting them sit in a dealership so im not sure how this could be possible.. low volume sure but I doubt they will ship a years worth of cars in 1 ship..
If the ship whats ordered it will be a years worth given the outstanding demand. Its going to be like the oklahoma land rush once this thing goes live.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I don't think they're gonna put a whole years worth of Type Rs on one ship... Pretty sure its gonna be a big mix of not just Honda cars but likely other car manufacturer cars too that gets shipped out every 2-3 months.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I wouldn't feel good about putting all of the eggs in one basket. Didn't a boat full of Porsches and Lamborghinis sink in the Atlantic earlier this year, and the anxious owners had to wait months for their orders to be redone?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
like said above…imagine all shipped together and it sinks by some unfortunate event

JustChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4
The risk of putting a whole continents allocation of cars on one single ship is … preposterous.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If we are discussing US vehicles...

Production has not started.

We don't even know where the vehicle will be produced yet do we? I saw the Japanese VIN but does that mean all Type Rs will be built in Japan?

It is difficult to get any Civic 5 door as a dealer. Let alone the most limited trim of one for a customer.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
If we are discussing US vehicles...

Production has not started.

We don't even know where the vehicle will be produced yet do we? I saw the Japanese VIN but does that mean all Type Rs will be built in Japan?

It is difficult to get any Civic 5 door as a dealer. Let alone the most limited trim of one for a customer.
All in Japan

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Okie dokie.

Then my guess is November is when they hit dealer lots.
Sponsored