• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do FK8-compatible wheel+tire combos work on the FL5?

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
(Disclaimer: I'm a wheel/tire noob)

I've moved from FL to a state where winter is actually a thing, and I'm contemplating a set of 18s + matching tires on TireRack. However, I've also got my eyes on the FL5. No idea when my dealership's second allocation will happen - could be 1 or 6 or 12 months from now - but I'm next in line.

The wheel+tire combo is a hefty hunk of change, so I want to know whether this investment lends itself to (hopefully) the next car.
Sponsored

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Most of your options that are compatible with the FK8 will also work on the FL5, yes. I actually enjoyed having the OEM FL5 wheels on my FK8 for a couple of weeks while waiting on a new set to come in. Worked great and without issue.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I agree that they are compatible for the most part but many have the opinion that 18s do not look as good as they did on the FK8 and that it is better to stick with a 19” wheel. Just an opinion of course….

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
(Disclaimer: I'm a wheel/tire noob)

I've moved from FL to a state where winter is actually a thing, and I'm contemplating a set of 18s + matching tires on TireRack.
You should. Summer tires cannot handle snow and can deteriorate colder than 40F. Running 18" wheels has all-season tire in a size identical to stock so you can at least drive in very light snow. Swap back to the OE 19" when climate is warmer.
Sponsored