• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does the Sport trim seem under equipped compared to the last gen?

blue10th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
I was looking into the 11th gen, and more specifically, I was most interested in the Sport trim. But after looking at it more closely, I'm just confused.

The 10th gen Sport came with an extra USB port in the front, 60/40 rear split, and fog lights. Possibly a couple more things I'm forgetting. I find it strange that Honda didn't at least have parity between the two Sport trims across the two generations. I realize the new Civic has full LED lights and a new sport mode, but overall the new sport trim seems like a step down compared to the last gen. I wonder if these are things that Honda will add back in a mid cycle refresh?
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I was looking into the 11th gen, and more specifically, I was most interested in the Sport trim. But after looking at it more closely, I'm just confused.

The 10th gen Sport came with an extra USB port in the front, 60/40 rear split, and fog lights. Possibly a couple more things I'm forgetting. I find it strange that Honda didn't at least have parity between the two Sport trims across the two generations. I realize the new Civic has full LED lights and a new sport mode, but overall the new sport trim seems like a step down compared to the last gen. I wonder if these are things that Honda will add back in a mid cycle refresh?
Yes, Honda is certainly doing everything they can to push people into the more expensive EX or Touring. I think the EX is a good option if you want quieter, softer 17 inch wheels. The Touring has the louder/rougher 18 inch wheels but adds a lot of features like 9 inch vs. 7 inch Infotainment screen, 10 inch vs. 7 inch dashboard screen, Bose Stereo, Leather Seats. Also keep in mind the EX and Touring have the turbo engine with 180 HP, I think the Sport has the lesser powered (158 HP)N.A.
There's a lot of different Civic variants to choose from but the elephant in the room is the dealerships, they do the most damage.

Ardie

First Name
Arden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Didnā€™t the old sport come with the old style radio and no touchscreen?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Didnā€™t the old sport come with the old style radio and no touchscreen?
Yes it did have the old style radio/no touchscreen which was a huge plus because you could either install an aftermarket 7 inch Kenwood/JVC etc. or you could even install the Honda Infotainment touchscreen.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
I thought only the LX came with the non touchscreen infotainment?

I dont get what why no cnter armrest/cupholders in sport trim?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I thought only the LX came with the non touchscreen infotainment?

I dont get what why no cnter armrest/cupholders in sport trim?
The U.S. Sport Hatch definitely had the small radio, I don't know what the Canadian version had.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
If you can still grab a 2020 10th gen Sport hatch - that model, imho, was the best bang for the buck. There you had the turbo 1.5 engine, the touchscreen and upgraded wheels. I opted for the EX because I wanted a sunroof, Lanewatch and SAT radio.

Last edited:

OP
OP

blue10th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
The 2019-2021 sport sedans did have the advanced infotainment. I believe the sport hatches only got it starting with the 2020 model year

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
2020 Sport hatch got a lot of upgrades. The bigger touchscreen, leather accents, digital dash, and the full sensing package except for parking and lane keep. That's why I upgraded, plus I wanted an auto.

JeffRC

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch, 2003 RC51<3
2017 - 2019 Civic Sport did not have infotainment.
Man I thought Canada had it good with having a 10th gen sport tour hatch in manual. But I can confirm that all sport hatches in Canada came with an infotainment system. So odd since the hatch were all manufactured in G.B. I would understand if there was a difference in coupes and sedans between US and Canada.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
In the sedan sport trims, they seem about the same. But in the sport hatch, the 11th gen got neutered.
Sponsored