• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drivers Side Mirror Vibration

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
So to break in the new car, my wife and I took it on a weekend trip and something I noticed was that the mirror in the drivers side mirror assembly seems to vibrate at highway speed. I can't see any such vibration in the right hand side.

Has anyone else noticed this or can you pay attention the next time you are running at highway speed?
Sponsored

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
So to break in the new car, my wife and I took it on a weekend trip and something I noticed was that the mirror in the drivers side mirror assembly seems to vibrate at highway speed. I can't see any such vibration in the right hand side.

Has anyone else noticed this or can you pay attention the next time you are running at highway speed?
I will pay attention but have not noticed. What month was your car assembled?

mondreyt

First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
No vibration here also. Have you tried visiting your dealer?

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vibration here also. Have you tried visiting your dealer?
Not yet. I want to go for a couple more drives on known different pavement conditions around me and drive between 90 and 120 KPH to see what is or isn't happening. Just to rule out the possibility of roadway surface having been the issue or not.

Also, it is a super specific problem so there isn't a huge push to get it dealt with right pronto.

Wajahatsajid

First Name
Wajahat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic, 2018 Audi A4

Late response, but I had the same issue, got it checked a couple days ago and they replaced the mirror and said it was still shaking. The dealer said that it was most likely a manufacturing error and that it would be covered under warranty.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I've had that on other vehicles and I don't like it. Move the mirror around and see if it frees up a bit, go full wide and then full in and full up and down and back to your preferred spot. See if it helps any ?

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
We‘ve seen a few other models come in for the same issue. We are replacing the mirror glass under warranty because in some cases, the adhesive used during manufacturing fails, causing the glass to vibrate away from the plastic base on its own.

So yours will likely continue to vibrate until you bring it to the attention of your local Honda service. You’ll be covered under warranty. And The more errors brought to Hondas attention, the quicker a bulletin is issued to the masses. ??

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We‘ve seen a few other models come in for the same issue. We are replacing the mirror glass under warranty because in some cases, the adhesive used during manufacturing fails, causing the glass to vibrate away from the plastic base on its own.

So yours will likely continue to vibrate until you bring it to the attention of your local Honda service. You’ll be covered under warranty. And The more errors brought to Hondas attention, the quicker a bulletin is issued to the masses. ??
Funny thing is that I noticed that our 2020 CRV has the same really slight vibration at 120kph as well. Never does it in either once you get below about 100.

I definitely understand the adhesive aspect of it all but when I took a trim tool to pop it off and check things, everything was really tight (Did this shortly before posting this original thread).

Not a lot of highway driving lately and it is now the winter and we see -25 C or lower frequently where I live so I will wait for the spring to see how things have held up. Fortunately, I have an excellent overall experience and relationship with my dealership so I am not too worried if I have to put in a warranty claim. But yes, if it is a real thing, I won't delay as it will for sure help a TSB come into existence a lot faster.
Sponsored