• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emergency Brake Concerns

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (Color: SGP)
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Have any of you had this issue with your type r? Had this come up while driving a few days ago but it hasn’t come back since. I had a warning for the e-brake and the brake hold; brake hold didn’t work that day, e-brake still worked despite what the car said. Also the e-brake light flashed the entire drive even though it was deactivated. Will be taking it to the dealer to get looked at if it happens again. It has been a week since this happened.

11th Gen Honda Civic Emergency Brake Concerns 0FDCC060-587F-4FD1-BF60-63FE25B63780
11th Gen Honda Civic Emergency Brake Concerns FE51D726-6015-4351-A8C6-BDE4E5A3E36F
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s weird. Our 2020 MDX did something similar a few months ago while on our inclined driveway. It was like the E brake decided to turn itself on (though I had only put it in park). But because of the E brake, the transmission was locked-out. After trying to figure out what the heck it was doing and fiddling with it, I got the E brake to disengage. It hasn’t done it again since then. The safety bots are always watchin’ and being extra cautious I guess.