• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Am I the only one that appreciates the upgraded audio system? All the Si threads bash the heated seat delete hard, but almost nobody mentions the better sound.
I'd prefer a better stereo over heated seats since they're cloth. It also doesn't get too cold down by me.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'd prefer a better stereo over heated seats since they're cloth. It also doesn't get too cold down by me.
I agree and it does get cold here. With just cloth, I've never wanted for heated seats. But a heated steering wheel, that is a different story and would make my day!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I'm sure the Bose audio is great...

I think the disappointment for 10th gen owners is that things they have on their current car were taken away. Maybe I'm weird but I kind of wish the Bose system and sunroof were part of some option package. I'd be cool with a more basic audio system, no sunroof and the heated seats and foglights were back as standard. Car would be a little cheaper and a bit lighter... and 2/10 of a second faster to 60. ;)

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
One other thing and I'll go back to my home at CivicX. Everyone is praising the 11th interior as amazing and I certainly think it's nice looking and well put together. Yet that stuck on tablet looks awful IMO and that flat "retro dash" is "meh" to me. The 10th gen interior isn't as bad as many people make it out to be. I'm out.

Enjoy your 11th gens.

2020-Honda-Civic-Si-Interior.jpg
I had 3 10th gen civics.
I seen the new 11th and used it’s interior.

100% no comparison man, the 11th gen CRUSHS the older 10th when it comes to the interior.
not even close man, don’t even try to defend the 10th in that area…. It’s silly talk

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
100% no comparison man, the 11th gen CRUSHS the older 10th when it comes to the interior.
not even close man, don’t even try to defend the 10th in that area…. It’s silly talk
Have you ever heard of personal preference? I don't care for the stuck on tablet look on any car and while it's unique I'm not a fan of the honeycomb dash.

I never said the 10th was better. I praised the 11th as nice overall and high quality. I'm just happy with the 10th and the interior isn't bad at all IMO. Nothing more was said. The 11th is clearly a terrific car but that doesn't mean everyone with a 10th is going to prefer it or buy one.

Last edited:

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
$35k? MSRP is $28,500 including delivery, which is $3000 less than a GTI and $5000 less than a Elantra N. Not to mention the Civic will have far better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, and better resale value than those cars.

As for the missing features:

Heated seats - yes, I admit this sucks
Temp gauge - yeah, a tiny annoyance

Shift lights - silly
Digital speedometer - who cares
Adaptive dampers - gimmick, an engineer's excuse to make normal too soft and sport too harsh. Well tuned suspension doesn't need "modes"
Fog lights - gimmick, I have always had cars with fog lights and never used them, even in fog. All they do is light up the road ten feet in front of you.

But hey I'm not trying to convince anyone, but it is annoying that everyone seems to absolutely love the new Si... except for people on Civic forums!
Coming from the other side of the issue relating to Canadian vs. U.S. liveries, I think you have hit every item on the head with your summary.

Heated Seats - it is -15 degs C. this week and heated seats do nothing for me, they are not very useful IMO. If we had leather seats that would a different story. The Si does not have remote start, so you can't enter a pre-heated cabin, or seating, so you will be sitting on cool seats regardless, at least they aren't freezing cold seats with the cloth. It takes 3-5 minutes to start feeling heat, wearing typical warm winter clothing mutes the heating effects once it starts up unless you drive without a coat or my long johns (lol).

Heated Steering Wheel - It takes too long for it to heat up, not useful and you could not pre-heat it even with remote start, which we don't have. A good 5 minutes to start heating up.

Either speedo is fine with me, not much advantage to the digital one, I see no benefit.

Fog lights - not very useful, they add a bit of lighting to the sides of the car, a bit wider, of no use in actual fog. The headlights are so bright that fogs do nothing on this car, they look decent though.

I really wanted the adaptive dampers, but pretty much everyone says that the new suspension of the 11th gen Si is better than the firmest setting of the 10th gen. Knowing how adjustable dampers can be a shot in the dark on any car, no surprise, a well designed suspension is all we need.

Shift lights - They really are gimmicky, they only start at 5k rpms and the show is over at 6500, with the short gearing of the powertrain that rpm range goes by so fast in lower gears. I like my steering wheel adjusted a bit low, if you do that it blocks the shift lights. The shift beep is annoying, I think I will likely turn that feature off, not sure I like it.

Integrated turn signals in mirrors, they can be a helpful safety feature in some rare driving conditions, but for the most part they don't do much.

Auto-dimming rear view mirror - nothing works as effectively as a manual dimming mirror, most auto dimming mirrors I've had in other cars don't work effectively all the time. I went from an auto dimming mirror in my HR-V to a manual dimming mirror in my Subaru Impreza and I was so much happier with the manual mirror, they work all the time and they dim very effectively. Many dimming mirrors I have had did not dim enough or they dimmed at odd times, never perfect.

I don't like our spare tire, I'd gladly give it up to save some weight and to get the tire pump repair kit, much better IMO.

None of these items would make or break the overall car experience for me. I wouldnt miss any of these features if they disappeared today.
Sponsored

Last edited: