• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
As they say Honda always messes up odd numbered generations. The side profile is ?? I like my 10th gen design. The front end looks way stretched out ?‍♂. Did anyone notice the height. It's looks taller than the current gen
Sponsored

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
I like the boomerang/crab claws. You know you are coming up on a xgen Civic when you see em
Same with the non jewel headlights, you can 100% tell a 10th gen at night from the drl+headlight combo. Always thought they looked like eyes.

stoker86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring
I'm optimistic. If I'm being honest with myself, there's pretty much no way I'll sit out an entire generation of Civic. So chances are at this point in my life I will get some iteration of the 11th Gen. I always try to embrace the new.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
A little too Accord. Not sure where they’re design language is going. Looks like they sprinkled Insight and Accord in there. It definitely doesn’t need to be a bigger car but I wonder if they’ll sneak another half inch or inch in. I’m fine that they got away from the fake vent-fest... but the car looks very, very plain. Hopefully this is an LX-ish trim and there’ll be something visually to provide excitement. As it is... it looks like an Insight that presumably lost the hybrid powertrain.
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 1737A27D-51ED-4AAD-904E-90D6ABC23F33
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 0F923BF1-B4E9-4141-89F9-C0593095A5F4

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
A little too Accord. Not sure where they’re design language is going. Looks like they sprinkled Insight and Accord in there. It definitely doesn’t need to be a bigger car but I wonder if they’ll sneak another half inch or inch in. I’m fine that they got away from the fake vent-fest... but the car looks very, very plain. Hopefully this is an LX-ish trim and there’ll be something visually to provide excitement. As it is... it looks like an Insight that presumably lost the hybrid powertrain.
1737A27D-51ED-4AAD-904E-90D6ABC23F33.jpeg
0F923BF1-B4E9-4141-89F9-C0593095A5F4.jpeg
Is that the sedan? draft photos?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Is that the sedan? draft photos?
Yeah... current one. A mash up of Civic and Accord (get some of the nicer Accord stuff but in a more Civic shell). Lights...front fascia and all look a lot like this gen 11. I’m almost wondering if they’re trying to shift the Civic to be a non-hybrid Insight and remove their differentiation some. If so... I’m not a fan.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
I’m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. It’s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-what’s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?
This is definitely the hatch design for the 11th gen Civic, so there's no "trunk."

The hatchback returned in 2017 as part the 10th gen Civic lineup--after a 14 year hiatus in the North American market. The previous hatch (7th gen) was only available as an Si (and was the only Si option). The current hatch is made in England along with the Type R (same chassis).

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I like the front end fine, especially getting rid of the over sized fake vents. Rear end is nice but I do agree that the Lobster Claw / Boomerang styled lights were very unique and well defined. I didn't love them at first but they were good in a different way that gave a definite identification to what kind of car it was going down the road. So many cars look basically the same today and sometimes without seeing the badge, I don't know what they are. I am older than most of you probably and I am glad for a subdued design with a little flair.
.... Like the current hatchback spoiler, dual exhaust tips <> no hdmi please, spare tire for sure, and I would like to have a 2.oL motor with 200+ hp and an SI trim hatchback(also with an updated 2.oL motor).
..... Also do away with the 1/2 chrome door trim. Make it all chrome or black.

alpago

First Name
Mehmet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2007 & Honda Civic 2015
There’s been few sightings and news about the next (11th) generation Honda Civic, but CivicXI.com just obtained this advanced first look at the official patent images from Honda's patent filing for the next generation Honda Civic Hatchback.

These fully reveal what the 2022 Civic production model will look like.

Up until now, we’ve only seen heavily camouflaged prototypes of the next Civic sedan testing in Thailand, and earlier this year, a next-gen Civic Type R testing in the states.

The new patent images of the next Civic match closely to the previously spied prototypes (as pictured below). Compared to the current model, the images of the 2022 Civic hatchback show longer proportions, lower profile, stretched dimensions and cleaner, less wedge-shaped design. The new Civic will also be losing the signature boomerang style tail lights of the current model for more traditional looking rear lights. All of these changes show that Honda is looking to introduce a decidedly more mature looking 11th generation Civic.

See the patent images below, including pictured against the current Civic hatchback and the spied 11th gen Civic Type R prototype.

11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback-2- CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 5 - CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 4 - CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 3 - CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 7 - CivicXI.com.jpg
11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - 6 CivicXI.com.jpg

Comparison with the patent images for the current (10th) gen Civic Hatchback

11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Front Quarter.jpg

11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Rear Quarter.jpg

11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Side.jpg

11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Rear.jpg

11th Gen Civic Type R Spy Photo

More pics @ https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/11th-gen-civic-type-r-spied.49569/

11th Gen Civic Type R Hatchback.jpg

Also See 11th Gen Civic SEDAN Prototype Pics:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/11th-gen-2022-civic-sedan-spied.49715/
10 th generation is better than this. its too ugly.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2018 Civic HB EX, 2014 CR-Z
Yeah... current one. A mash up of Civic and Accord (get some of the nicer Accord stuff but in a more Civic shell). Lights...front fascia and all look a lot like this gen 11. I’m almost wondering if they’re trying to shift the Civic to be a non-hybrid Insight and remove their differentiation some. If so... I’m not a fan.
I expect next gen civics to have a hybrid option if not full ev at some point.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Oh my god I hate it. They knocked it out of the park on the 10th gen and had record sales. In California the Civic is only second in sales to the Tesla. I have no clue about the other states but I bet its similar. I see 10th gens everywhere.

This will be a huge step backwards. I hate that tiny grille. Looks like a ford focus. Its like they let Japan design it again. The tiny hoods and tiny grills make it seem like there is not much going on under there.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
It looks French? Like one of those Citroens from the 80s, but I like it. Some may say boring but I think it’s a more sophisticated design.
The character line that stretches from below the hood to the taillight looks sharp. The larger third window, the line that flows from the window trim to the taillight, and the smoother slope of the roof elongates the rear. Looks like a true fastback now. The hood looks lower. The bottom of the front windshield lines up with the side windows. The reflectors are now within the headlights. And I know some will miss the claw taillights, but the new ones are full-length and seem to have a unique lighting signature. No more faux vents at the rear. Imo, so far so good.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
looks like a mini crosstour to me. The prototype looks better than the renderings at least.
Sponsored