• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
There’s been few sightings and news about the next (11th) generation Honda Civic, but CivicXI.com just obtained this advanced first look at the official patent images from Honda's patent filing for the next generation Honda Civic Hatchback.

These fully reveal what the 2022 Civic production model will look like.

Up until now, we’ve only seen heavily camouflaged prototypes of the next Civic sedan testing in Thailand, and earlier this year, a next-gen Civic Type R testing in the states.

The new patent images of the next Civic match closely to the previously spied prototypes (as pictured below). Compared to the current model, the images of the 2022 Civic hatchback show longer proportions, lower profile, stretched dimensions and cleaner, less wedge-shaped design. The new Civic will also be losing the signature boomerang style tail lights of the current model for more traditional looking rear lights. All of these changes show that Honda is looking to introduce a decidedly more mature looking 11th generation Civic.

See the patent images below, including pictured against the current Civic hatchback and the spied 11th gen Civic Type R prototype.

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback-2- CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 5 - CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 4 - CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 3 - CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback 7 - CivicXI.com
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - 6 CivicXI.com

Comparison with the patent images for the current (10th) gen Civic Hatchback

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Front Quarter

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Rear Quarter

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Side

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th vs 10th Gen Civic Hatchback Rear

11th Gen Civic Type R Spy Photo

More pics @ https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/11th-gen-civic-type-r-spied.49569/

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 11th Gen Civic Type R Hatchback

Also See 11th Gen Civic SEDAN Prototype Pics:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/11th-gen-2022-civic-sedan-spied.49715/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Wow! what a scoop and much earlier than I thought we would see this kind of leak.

It definitely looks like it generally lines up to what is under that CTR prototype

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
The lower beltline makes it look more like the current Accord, which is to say the design is more elegant than the 10th gen. Sad to see they ditched the see-through lower part of the hatch...

I'm not sure how it will translate to a car the size of a Civic though... Will have to wait to see one IRL.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Looks so.... mundane...

10th gen was so sharp and it looks softer now, gives me honda insight vibes

SRASC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SiR
Well that’s disappointing. I thought they could have started a trend with the boomerang taillights on the current Civic. They’re a bold statement on the road, especially at night imo.
First impression of the new tail lights, they look like something from the Kia Stinger to me.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I’m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. It’s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-what’s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
The lower beltline makes it look more like the current Accord, which is to say the design is more elegant than the 10th gen. Sad to see they ditched the see-through lower part of the hatch...

I'm not sure how it will translate to a car the size of a Civic though... Will have to wait to see one IRL.
My first thought was it looked like an accord as well... Like my 10th Gen HB better...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Meh. I'm excited to see it in the flesh (steel? aluminum?) but my initial impression is face-lifted AccordX with a more boring rear end. If they make an Si hatch though....well, I'll have to see.

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
I think the Civic gained a huge amount of 'character, style and personality' with the 8G from previous iterations, moving it into the 'most wanted' sector, but has been losing it slowly again, since that 2006-2011 version.

The 10G regained 'something', particularly with the lighting, which this has dulled again - if you want boring and mundane, get a Ford or Volkswagen - they do everything extremely well, but look 'average'.

Sorry, this has lost me over the 10G.

Al.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Less plastic on the outside is a good thing. Wish the nose was shorter...

As for overall/"actual" looks -- I'm reserving any judgement until I actually see one in person/IRL. With the 10th gen, I was disappointed with the initial images, but it ended up looking SO much better in person (to me at least)...
Sponsored