• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fender vent mesh?

vbb

First Name
vj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hi all, just picked up my FL5 Type R here in Australia and was wondering if anyone sells mesh inserts to stop rocks being spat out the fender vents? driving back from the dealer i could hear them rattle their way down the side skirts. I know that Porsche includes mesh on the GT3RS vents. odd that Honda would not put something there to stop stones scratching up the side of the car.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? FL5 CTR fender vent
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I saw something on Twitter that seemed simple enough. I'll look for it later when I have the opportunity.

I also saw rock gaurds on Twitter too. That will produce the same results.

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
I’m pretty sure the sound your hearing is stones within the wheel arches themselves. Like most handling/performing focused cars, the Type R has very little sound deadening. That’s not to say it won’t happen, I’m sure it will, but it’s probably not as bad as it sounds.

Last edited:
OP
OP

vbb

First Name
vj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
thank you rad ray. i have reached out to them and hopefully can get a set made.

Waspy24

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Type R
Got a set installed on my FL5 yesterday and they fit perfectly. No rock have hit so far.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I have a set of the faux carbon fiber rock guards (with vent holes) ordered. A bit pricey for laser cut plastic flaps, but they look good and should be a 1-time purchase. The guy who makes and sells them is a one-man operation too. I have a soft spot for supporting small and/or local businesses.

Waspy24

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Type R
Right now the guy has a bunch of orders that he needs to complete. It's only him making them. He mentioned that he will post on Facebook when the order forms open. I would keep an eye out on his feed to see when it opens. He usually ships within a week. https://www.facebook.com/sukeban.design?mibextid=ZbWKwL

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I missed the “early bird” pricing and paid $300 for mine. Awaiting delivery. Note again that I bought the top option (which were around $200 early bird price, fwiw).

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Right now the guy has a bunch of orders that he needs to complete. It's only him making them. He mentioned that he will post on Facebook when the order forms open. I would keep an eye out on his feed to see when it opens. He usually ships within a week. https://www.facebook.com/sukeban.design?mibextid=ZbWKwL
He has a link to the order form on his Facebook page. I just checked it periodically over the last couple of weeks and caught an open window last weekend when the order form happened to be active. It appears to still be still active now. Link directly to the order form is below. You enter your email address, then the actual order form to place an order is sent to your email.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...H8ChAkkVO23Lz4y61dD-IDaMcX0dtqoaaGi6gncTwOvKQ

Last edited:
OP
OP

vbb

First Name
vj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
devised my own solution using automotive mesh ($30 australian from amazon). very happy with the result. it really should have come out the factory this way.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? image0 (9)