• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fixing/reprogramming the shocks with DSC, perhaps email them

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
The shocks are too stiff on the FL5. Just look at all the fast laps set with drivers bouncing around or that Car and Driver said they did their timed lap in comfort because any other setting left them bouncing in the braking zones to the point where the car wouldn't slow down.

Ride can be a subjective thing and I'm sure some people will defend the current settings. They can keep their settings, but for the rest of us who realize the car could be faster and more comfortable at the same time, what to do?

Well DSC sport has been making devices that take over the control of active dampers, like those in the CTR, for lots of cars including Porsche GT3s and GT4s. They seem to work really well for those cars and some even claim lap time benefits because on those cars the DSC controller can tighten up the dampers based on its own accelerometer data to help keep the car stable and find more grip. (Some of the fastest GT4 people in the Bay Area, doing like 1:47s at Sonoma, are using DSC controllers, for example and noticed a benefit)

I e-mailed DSC and they have no current plans for a CTR controller, but I reckon if a few more people say hi to the company or post on their facebook/instagram, they may change their tune. There are a lot more CTRs sold than GT4s and while the damping on GT4s is great stock, the CTR could be much improved. Just a heads up for the FL5 folks.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It would be nice to have manual control of the settings, preferably front & rear independently too. I wonder if Scheihing Electronic Solutions would be able to do something with this idea? Seems like they are the CTR electronics folks? We had a guy like that on the MIata forums who came up with all kinds of neat arduino modules and such.