• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FK8 vs FL5 track times?

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Has anyone seen comparisons of FK8 and FL5 track times? All I have seen is a marginally better time for the FL5 over the FK8 LE at Suzuka and the FK8 performing slightly better on a different track.

Keiichi Tsuchiya(DK) drove both cars at Sodegaura Forest Raceway. The FK8 ran 1:16.33 and the FL5 1:16:99.

11th Gen Honda Civic FK8 vs FL5 track times? 1667225510464

FK8:

FL5:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Don't expect a drastic difference. A slight power bump, a little more tire, a little more weight.

It should be faster, but close.

Daftmick74

First Name
Mickael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
It would be interested to compare fk8 and fl5 with same tyres. FK8 was delivered with continental, and Fl5 with Michelin. And tyres can make a huge difference on a lap time.

OP
OP

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Has anyone seen comparisons of FK8 and FL5 track times? All I have seen is a marginally better time for the FL5 over the FK8 LE at Suzuka and the FK8 performing slightly better on a different track.
Don't expect a drastic difference. A slight power bump, a little more tire, a little more weight.

It should be faster, but close.
Honestly, I believe it will vary depending on track. I can’t find the video but a Honda driver ran a track a half second slower in the FL5 compared to the FK8.

OP
OP

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I bet it's the same or slower as last gen or they'd be posting it all over for attention.
I’ve been curious about this as well. Next to nothing about performance numbers. I found videos of both cars on the same track with the same driver. Look at my original post.

Last edited:

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
i read somewhere that they are waiting for spring for better weather to get their times, not sure if true and if they had already finished tuning the car by the end of the summer.

OP
OP

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
i read somewhere that they are waiting for spring for better weather to get their times, not sure if true and if they had already finished tuning the car by the end of the summer.
That would make sense. I can’t wait to see. I managed to find a post from CivicX showing videos of the same driving on the same track running a little slower in the FL5. I updated my original post if you’re curious.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I’m a little concerned that the car has been out for months now (in Japan) and we’ve seen no meaningful comparisons. Not even by Honda themselves. Why aren’t there more direct comparisons and no record attempts at the ring?

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I’m a little concerned that the car has been out for months now (in Japan) and we’ve seen no meaningful comparisons. Not even by Honda themselves. Why aren’t there more direct comparisons and no record attempts at the ring?
Because of the babies who will cry about it. Essentially the car will have to beat out the Megane and/or the RS3 or they'll have a fit. It's crushed FWD or compact record or the car is trash for them. They're not looking for a simple improvement over the FK8 and marketing knows it. [Needless to say though the record is entirely for marketing as they're constantly making improvements to the ring every season in part due to how many laps are driven on it due to it being a public track so it's constantly variable track conditions and difficulty and the 'official' start/stop locations have moved a few times] All in all, the new car will likely be a few tenths faster generally... you can't compare a few test laps by someone who's just hopping in as legitimate best possible lap times. Minimum you need to start with similar 'ideal' conditions before even driving the car out of the pit before calling it a true hero lap.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4114 | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Couldn't care less about 'Ring times to be honest. Will never get a clean lap of the full course as a normal enthusiast anyway. More interested in overall cooling performance and consistency in shorter circuits.