• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
One thing that stuck me is that the FL-5 looks like the exterior will be much cheaper to produce (and fix) than the FK8. The rear, especially, has many fewer parts on the FL-5.
Maybe Honda can hold the line on MSRP with some of the possible savings. (Or maybe they can spend some of the savings on a better infotainment unit.)

Last edited:

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
It’s amazing how much bigger and taller the FK8 looks, especially in the back.
I wondered about that. I can't tell if the FL-5 is that much smaller or if it was just the camera angle.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I believe this was taken at King Motorsports (Mugen USA). Mayyybe they put it on the dyno

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I wondered about that. I can't tell if the FL-5 is that much smaller or if it was just the camera angle.
FL2 can hold as many boxes (11) as FK8 in "box test" by the straight pipes (YT channel) but I would still think FK8 is slightly more practica

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
loves these shots. So cool to see both side by side. That first photo shows the big part I don’t like about the FL5 which is the overhang above the front grill. Looks really weird to me. Definitely 2 beautiful cars though.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Side by side...
FL5 shows its sleek.
FK8 shows its noise.

I've always liked the front end of the FK8 more than the rear, especially after they added the extra lines to the already polarizing honeycomb plastics...too much.

Last edited:

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
loves these shots. So cool to see both side by side. That first photo shows the big part I don’t like about the FL5 which is the overhang above the front grill. Looks really weird to me. Definitely 2 beautiful cars though.
The fl5 overhang is prominent bc they didn't hide it this time around with gloss black like the fk8 (above the nose and headlights). I think the fk8 front end looks meaner and the fl5 front end looks sleeker, both look good. But the fk8 rear end is when the comparison ends :thumbsdown:

Reactions: Z3N

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
The fl5 overhang is prominent bc they didn't hide it this time around with gloss black like the fk8 (above the nose and headlights). I think the fk8 front end looks meaner and the fl5 front end looks sleeker, both look good. But the fk8 rear end is when the comparison ends :thumbsdown:
Yea forsure, just my opinion. Don’t get me wrong there’s lots I don’t like about my FK8 as well as the FL5. I think the FK8 rear is it’s worst attribute where I think the FL5 the front is it’s worst. I want to combine both them together to get a perfect CTR haha!