• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011)

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
We just had this same issue with Z06 and engineering stated these crankshaft codes like this are common on modern cars when new do to fuel quality issues and ECU tuning. (Fuel trim and knock sensor errors). It happens during ECU learning. If it's under 300 miles it's very possible. Clear the code and run a good tank of fuel. Not sure how the new ECUs are but Id reset and let it re-learn without excessive idling and cold starts and stops. (Typical during transport and dealer PDIs)

Just another opinion, don't take it as gospel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
We just had this same issue with Z06 and engineering stated these crankshaft codes like this are common on modern cars when new do to fuel quality issues and ECU tuning. (Fuel trim and knock sensor errors). It happens during ECU learning. If it's under 300 miles it's very possible. Clear the code and run a good tank of fuel. Not sure how the new ECUs are but Id reset and let it re-learn without excessive idling and cold starts and stops. (Typical during transport and dealer PDIs)

Thanks for your input. Mine could've been exactly that since it happened around 200 miles.
As of now, no codes are back (1300 miles in) and I've been feeding 91 from Costco.

I wonder what happened to @TheBigBadMemeMan. Any update??

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682

Sprinkling holy water on us FL5 souls...:bow:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Too many electronics and sensors in modern cars. Over sensitive and over engineered. Toyota and Honda are not immune to this. Cars are more reliable in some ways, but less reliable in others. If anything, itā€™s annoying as f*** because you want to enjoy a new car, but it requires a trip to the dealership. Maybe even several trips.

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R,2023 Honda Civic Type R
Any fix yet?? It happened to me. All I did was clear the codes and a week later it came back.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
1,650 miles and yes the rev match was on
wipe it one more time and see if comes on again. Mine was gone at 1500.

I know you're worried but it's not a harness problem or something crucial. Hope it turns out okay for you!

Soulmaster7x

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Dang I love my car and every time I go outside and see it I still can't believe I got it but dang lol. First I had the squeaky driver seat had to get a new seat frame and now I have this Rev Match System Problem. Barely hit 2000 miles on it. Taking it to dealership tomorrow hopefully like everyone else here all they have to do is reset it and I get rid of these problem.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011) IMG_1030

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang I love my car and every time I go outside and see it I still can't believe I got it but dang lol. First I had the squeaky driver seat had to get a new seat frame and now I have this Rev Match System Problem. Barely hit 2000 miles on it. Taking it to dealership tomorrow hopefully like everyone else here all they have to do is reset it and I get rid of these problem.

IMG_1030.jpeg
the dealer replaced your seat frame?My driver seat is squeaky too.

Soulmaster7x

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
the dealer replaced your seat frame?My driver seat is squeaky too.

Yes at first I thought eh not to bad but then got worse lol. I took it in they had to order the part and 3 weeks later they fixed the problem. Its been two weeks now and no squeaking but now I have this problem lol

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Did the code happen before or after the gas light came on? From what I was reading this could be related to an fuel/emissions system. I take it you always run quality premium gas?

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes at first I thought eh not to bad but then got worse lol. I took it in they had to order the part and 3 weeks later they fixed the problem. Its been two weeks now and no squeaking but now I have this problem lol
Ok cool Iā€™m going to take it in and get it fixed. The rev match problem happened twice on me but I just had my mechanic clear the code. I donā€™t have time to keep going to the dealer for them to clear it then tell me they canā€™t do anything. Since it came on two times I just bought a scanner to clear it myself if it comes on again.

Manny type r

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 fl5 honda civic type r
Hi guys I just buy the fl5 2023 honda civic type r and have the same issue wit the rev emission problem I take it to the dealer right away and after I wait for 2 hrs then they tell me they have to stay whit the car and give a loan car. They call me the next day and tell me they have to stay whit the car for 2 or 3 months cause is something wrong whit the vtec flow I realy don't know if is true but am very disappointed cause the car have only 1,500 miles is new why they can solve the problem in short time let see what's happen is no really fare.

phillystyle17_si

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys I just buy the fl5 2023 honda civic type r and have the same issue wit the rev emission problem I take it to the dealer right away and after I wait for 2 hrs then they tell me they have to stay whit the car and give a loan car. They call me the next day and tell me they have to stay whit the car for 2 or 3 months cause is something wrong whit the vtec flow I realy don't know if is true but am very disappointed cause the car have only 1,500 miles is new why they can solve the problem in short time let see what's happen is no really fare.
I wouldnā€™t let them keep the car, just have them clear the code. They canā€™t do anything right now but only clear it. I donā€™t like to have my car at the dealer for two hours and I definitely wouldnā€™t let them keep it for 2-3 months
Sponsored