• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011)

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hey guys... (sad face)

I'm HOPING this issue with the emission problem (CEL) is not affecting all of the early production models but I got my engine check light which states there is an emission problem along with a rev-matching system problem (I heard it comes with it. Rev matching issue disappears when I disable it).

I've done some research and it looks like FK8s are also having these issues and they were able to replace bad harnesses with newer ones to fix it.

Anyway, my car only has been 200 miles (everything stock). Scanned it last night at Autozone to get what code it is and It's code p0011 - 'Camshaft Position Timing Over Advanced or System Performance' (I believe it's a sensor problem?). This might be a different case than fk8s, so I'm planning to go to a dealership tomorrow morning.

Let's see what they say. I will keep it updated!
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011) IMG-3948
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011) IMG-3953
Sponsored

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
That sucks man, especially on a car that new. I hope the dealer has some good news for you!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Could be something simple like the harness connector wiggling loose or the contact backing out. Hope so! Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Update!
The dealership looked into it and found no issue… They cleared DTC and performed vtc test with the hds. The test has been passed. Although they warned me if the light comes on again, it could be timing issue, which they will take my car for a long long time.

Fingers crossed. What yall think? I'm still concerned 😟

Last edited:

Starchland

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Did autozone clear the code? The ecu should have this stored

Starchland

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
I misread, thx. Just curious what scenario/type of driving triggered this event

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
I misread, thx. Just curious what scenario/type of driving triggered this event
They have no idea. I have no idea.

It happened during a normal/less than 4000rpm driving situation. The dealership did tell me it might have been a glitch since there's nothing wrong with the hardware. Hopefully, the tech side stays strong and not bother me with CEL again.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
I just had this happen the weekend after picking up my fl5, at first it was throwing errors for everything under the sun, after turning off and on again it was just emissions and rev match. had to wait a week and a half of no driving to take it to the dealer - at which point they said there was nothing wrong with it and reset the code. as soon as I went over 3k rpm on the way home it came right back on. next available date at the dealership is Dec 1st. P0011 code as well. this is a pain in the ass since this is my one and only ride to work. unsure if it's fine to drive or if I'm potentially damaging components

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Next available date? What kind of dealership is that that has that much service scheduled? I don't know how they aren't sucking you off to fix it with how much you probably just payed them for that vehicle.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
I drove 300+miles more since I had the emission problem, so far so good.

if you take it to a dealership, I feel like they’re gonna have you there for a very long time. Im pretty sure theres no mechanical issue since it drives the same. Does it drive the same? Mine was.

Quick question @TheBigBadMemeMan , do you have your rev-matching on when you drive?

Last edited:

BostonCTR

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
Whatever happened with this? Any update?
Sponsored