• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those who want an Si hatch... presenting the 2023 Acura Integra Hatchback

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
...it appears to be on the way in the form of the Acura Integra. It looks a lot like the Civic hatch, uses a version of the 1.5T, and will offer 6MT for only a couple grand more than the Si. I assume it will offer some type of automatic (hopefully not a CVT!), and perhaps more tech/luxury than the Civic Si, but at the "around $30k" price it can't offer all that much more, at least in base form. Like other Acuras, though, it might have more luxury and tech available in Tech and/or Advance packages.

World Premiere Livestream & Reactions (at sister-site IntegraForums.com):

https://www.integraforums.com/new-integra-prototype-livestream-is-up-share-your-thoughts-here/
Sponsored

Ryzenshine

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch
Like how the Video shows all the 2 door Integras and then the new sedan comes out. From a visual perspective, it looks about as exciting as a Corolla. The TLX front end looks nice enough. Even with low expectations, Acura still managed to disappoint.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I'm guessing "around $30,000" means more like $33k. I'm sure it will have some nice tech and leather seats, but basically this is a Si hatchback for an extra $5000. I'll stick with the Si.

Also, is it just me or is the styling really disappointing? It looks like a bloated Civic hatch mixed with an Acura TLX. The Civic is a cleaner design IMO.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I'm guessing "around $30,000" means more like $33k. I'm sure it will have some nice tech and leather seats, but basically this is a Si hatchback for an extra $5000. I'll stick with the Si.

Also, is it just me or is the styling really disappointing? It looks like a bloated Civic hatch mixed with an Acura TLX. The Civic is a cleaner design IMO.
I agree with all your points. For me at least, the 10th gen Civic was apparently an outlier. I was a huge Honda fan back in the day when I bought a first gen Integra and CRX but left the brand in the early 2000's because I was bored with their styling direction. The 10th gen brought me back because it was sporty and unique... very un-Honda like.

Looks like I'll be going a different direction. Honda is now a bit overpriced and conservatively styled. But hey, that's just me. I'm not one of those "If it has a Honda logo on it, it's a must buy" guys.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Not even joking, I checked the price for my 2019 si with 34.5k miles last week and it was 24k. Checked it after the announcement and it’s now 27k. Thanks Acura

OP
OP

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
I was underwhelmed by the styling in the reveal last night, but Car and Driver's piece has a low rear quarter shot, and from that angle I think it looks cool. I bet ditching the tacky side graphics would help too. C&D also mention an automatic will be available, and please let it be a version of the 8DCT from the ILX/1G TLX! That's a cool transmission.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38226240/2023-acura-integra-prototype-revealed/

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
I was underwhelmed by the styling in the reveal last night, but Car and Driver's piece has a low rear quarter shot, and from that angle I think it looks cool. I bet ditching the tacky side graphics would help too. C&D also mention an automatic will be available, and please let it be a version of the 8DCT from the ILX/1G TLX! That's a cool transmission.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38226240/2023-acura-integra-prototype-revealed/
The ILX and TLX get DCT transmissions?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
The days of me driving a manual has long gone but I still enjoy a fun ride and perhaps Integra with a boosted engine and DCT transmission might fit the bill. Don't get me wrong - I've driven many manuals in my lifetime but not anymore. My guess is that the DCT will add $1,000-$1,500 option to the base price? So probably $32K isn't out of the question. And, frankly, if that's the case I'll take the Integra over the Sport Touring hatch on that alone. But I'm still probably going to cross shop the Integra and the VW GTI.

edit: I had a '90 Integra back in the day and for a front driver with 130hp - and I loved driving the hell out of that whip.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I know some people are very critical of this and I don't get it. Maybe it's an expectations thing. All I expected was a Civic SI hatchback in a more attractive TLX like suit and that's what it is. I personally think it looks great, definitely better than the 11th gen Civics. This is basically the car I wanted the 10th gen Civic hatchback to be. If it can land at $29-31k, then I'll buy it.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I know some people are very critical of this and I don't get it. Maybe it's an expectations thing. All I expected was a Civic SI hatchback in a more attractive TLX like suit and that's what it is. I personally think it looks great, definitely better than the 11th gen Civics. This is basically the car I wanted the 10th gen Civic hatchback to be. If it can land at $29-31k, then I'll buy it.
Im definitely getting one just not in that uglass yellow

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
11th Gen Honda Civic For those who want an Si hatch... presenting the 2023 Acura Integra Hatchback Screenshot_20211112-153451_Google
The stage/lighting made it look bad. Check out the videos some people on YT did. The yellow looks way, way nicer than in the release video. I actually love it.
Agreed. A lot of pictures of the NSX in that color on the web and it looks great.
Sponsored