• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Forum Question

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Since I don't see a specific forum area for forum and website related questions, I'll ask here.

Where is the setting that will allow all read messages to appear as non-bold? Makes it difficult see what I have read and haven't when both appear in bold characters.

This is how a topic appears when unread.

This is how a topic appears when read.

Hope this makes sense? Every other forum I have ever been an Admin or a member of, this is part of the software's feature set.
Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
That's odd, the site is already displaying like that - see screenshot below. What browser are you using?

11th Gen Honda Civic Forum Question Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.12.14 AM

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd, the site is already displaying like that - see screenshot below. What browser are you using?

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 9.12.14 AM.jpg
I'm using Chrome. It's def not displaying like that for me.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on tons of other XenForo type sites and this is the only one I have problems with. It's very odd.

I just checked on my iPhone and iPad in Safari and it's not displaying correctly there either.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Since I don't see a specific forum area for forum and website related questions, I'll ask here.

Where is the setting that will allow all read messages to appear as non-bold? Makes it difficult see what I have read and haven't when both appear in bold characters.

This is how a topic appears when unread.

This is how a topic appears when read.

Hope this makes sense? Every other forum I have ever been an Admin or a member of, this is part of the software's feature set.
Do you have the "Mark Forums Read" button checked at the top of the page?

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did that. Still no dice.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a mystery. I've logged out, cleared cache, cookies, etc. I've logged back in and still everything is bold -- even when I do click on "Mark all read"...nothing changes. I even logged in from a different device and still it's the same. I dunno. Guess I'll have to live with it.

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Mark All Read will mark all posts/threads on the forum as you have already read them. Which means it UN-bolds everything.

It's the opposite of what you want to be doing.

OP
OP
Baldilocks

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mark All Read will mark all posts/threads on the forum as you have already read them. Which means it UN-bolds everything.

It's the opposite of what you want to be doing.
No. I want to know when I have read something. As of right now everything stays bold after I read it, so I don't know what has been read. Clicking on Mark All Read changes nothing for me. Like I mentioned, it works fine for every other forum I am a member of. That's why I'm working on trying to figure out what's going on.

See below. I have read everything AND marked everything read. Still, everything is bold (and still in the list) like it hasn't been read at all.

11th Gen Honda Civic Forum Question 1
Sponsored