• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada)

francont89

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Hi all,

I was just shocked to see that in Canada a 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring will set you back almost CAD$42,000, but the Sedan Touring is around CAD$36,000. That is more than CAD$5,000 difference. I thought it had to do with the fact the Hatchback is brought in from the USA while the Sedan is built in Canada.

But then I went to the USA website and the difference is only about USD$1,000 (I believe that is without tax), but you get the idea. What gives? Not sure if the packaging is different in Canada vs the US for the top trims.

In any case, Wow! the Civic is getting quite expensive in Canada overall, don't you think? And what about that price difference in Canada vs the USA?

Note: I was never interested in the Hatchback for the previous gen, so I never checked pricing. I now see that the 2021 Sport Touring was already around the CAD$40,000 mark (which blows my mind)

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) 1634305597048
11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) 1634305656572

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) 1634305787753

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) 1634305813732
Sponsored

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Canadian are really getting screwed with the hatchback pricing with this gen. Even the Hatchback LX cost $33k all-in ($4k more than the sedan). Add to that the no-charge manual option which was really a new $1.3k added cost for manual and the price increase from the previous UK Hatchback is substantial.. I thought moving Hatchback production to the US would have helped with the Hatchback pricing, instead it has gotten worse. Our Canadian dollar is at a 6 year high against the US so that can't be the issue.

Last edited:

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Man. This does not sound good. I mean it's a much improved vehicle in many aspects and the pandemic supply chain is not helping so I'd expect prices to go up but that's a fair bit.

To put things into perspective, 2021 Type R was priced at 48k CAD. Don't recall if that was with or without all the other fees. The new hatchback is inching towards that which is pretty crazy.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I am also worried about the pricing of the Integra as that is a US assembled Hatchback as well.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Are you comparing Canadian prices after taxes and fees against US MSRPs before taxes? I’m not seeing those huge disparities by looking at CAN MSRP before accounting for taxes and fees. Many US buyers will give a kidney to have that 1.5T Sport hatch 6MT available only in Canada ($25440 USD after conversion).

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) D4D7D65B-ED61-4C46-B6C2-36565385B00D

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) CA0D406C-AE5F-42CA-9B77-3DE105D9D742

OP
OP

francont89

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Hi TypeSiR

I was actually just comparing the Sedan Touring CVT with the Hatchback Sport Touring CVT (basically just the top of the line for each model, which I am assuming are basically the same, I might be wrong). In Canada with taxes and all fees the difference between those two is more than ~CAD$5,000 (~USD$ 4,000).

I did not manage the USA website to give me the prices after tax. But I think if you include about 13% tax. In the USA the difference between Sedan Touring CVT and the Hatchback Sport Touring CVT is about ~USD$ 1,130 (~CAD$1,400).

Maybe I am wrong in the numbers I am looking at.

Generally speaking I was just highlighting that the CIVIC at least in Canada is getting very expensive. Including everything (freight, taxes, etc.) Which is what you end up paying anyways. I was looking in Ontario where we have 13% tax too, so that will change numbers depending on where you are.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Hi TypeSiR

I was actually just comparing the Sedan Touring CVT with the Hatchback Sport Touring CVT (basically just the top of the line for each model, which I am assuming are basically the same, I might be wrong). In Canada with taxes and all fees the difference between those two is more than ~CAD$5,000 (~USD$ 4,000).

I did not manage the USA website to give me the prices after tax. But I think if you include about 13% tax. In the USA the difference between Sedan Touring CVT and the Hatchback Sport Touring CVT is about ~USD$ 1,130 (~CAD$1,400).

Maybe I am wrong in the numbers I am looking at.

Generally speaking I was just highlighting that the CIVIC at least in Canada is getting very expensive. Including everything (freight, taxes, etc.) Which is what you end up paying anyways. I was looking in Ontario where we have 13% tax too, so that will change numbers depending on where you are.
I see. I do see the disparity between sedan Touring and ST in Canada. However, your sedan Touring MSRP is considerably cheaper than the US after conversion.

11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) CFD775C8-507B-42C8-B089-01F29FCCD050

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
It seems like in both US and Canada, but especially Canada, Honda is moving the Civic "upscale". Remember the 10th generation Canadian Civic DX sedan with no air conditioning or cruise control? I think it was priced at about $20k CAD

In both markets Honda is abandoning sedans priced under $20k USD to the Korean brands, Nissan and VW. And most/all of those cars are built in Mexico I believe.

I wish Honda would bring in the Mexico made Honda City sedan (based on Fit chassis).
11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) Screenshot_20211015-220349_Samsung Internet
11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) Screenshot_20211015-220408_Samsung Internet
11th Gen Honda Civic Hatchback and Sedan pricing (US vs Canada) Screenshot_20211015-220533_Google

Last edited:

Lazyturbo

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anyone actually gone to a dealership in Canada to see how much they can get the Civic Hatchback (or Sedan) below MSRP?

Thanks.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Has anyone actually gone to a dealership in Canada to see how much they can get the Civic Hatchback (or Sedan) below MSRP?

Thanks.
I am still waiting for them to show up at the local dealers. They were suppose to arrive this past Tuesday but nothing yet.
Sponsored