• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

evped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Picture of the inside of armrest storage area would be great.

Also, is there a coin holder anywhere? Lost with the gen X.
Sponsored

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
One feature that I hoped they kept was the split deck storage in the center console. And the little storage space on the sides of that

CivicVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I love my 2016 Touring so much that I was truly hoping the next gen Civic would be as awesome as the 10th gen. I was really expecting a big leap forward that would have left the competition dumbfounded. There is just not much about this car that gets me excited. Way to conservative exterior styling, my huge dislike for tablets on the dash, cyclinder deactivation - so glad you can turn that off. I just cannot get over the rear looking like a prior gen Hyundai. It looks awful. I guess I will see what the ILX looks like, next gen Accord, or try the Lexus IS. I know Lexus. Budget isn't an issue for the most part. My 2016 Civic just hit all the sweet spots for me. Oh well.

First Name
Parth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 4DR
Curious to know where the Radar for Adaptive Cruise Control is. 10th gen Civic has it behind the driver side bumper, but I don't see a flat surface anywhere that can be housing the sensor. Nor does the Honda emblem seem to be hiding it.

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
Does the new Civic have lumbar support. It seems like 8 way power seats don't include this, but maybe it is manual. Would be a glaring omission in my mind. My 8 year old Accord EX has this, and I would hate to go backwards. I would get another Accord, but no stick shift no sale. I'm hoping for a Sport Touring hatch with the stick shift. No lumbar might be a deal breaker though. I like comfortable seats. Also not a fan at all of black wheels - the Touring wheels are very nice.

JBCutlerson

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Modern Steel Metallic
Curious to know where the Radar for Adaptive Cruise Control is. 10th gen Civic has it behind the driver side bumper, but I don't see a flat surface anywhere that can be housing the sensor. Nor does the Honda emblem seem to be hiding it.
I think I read somewhere that the 11th gen has just the one sensor for all Honda Sense, etc., in the windshield.

First Name
Parth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 4DR
I think I read somewhere that the 11th gen has just the one sensor for all Honda Sense, etc., in the windshield.
Interesting! Which means ACC is likely camera based similar to the direction Tesla is headed recently. Should eliminate the unfamous false positive Brake warnings.

digiSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Sedan
Thanks for all the pics. I can deal with the front end styling but the rear is so plain and looks similar to so many other sedans. Very cookie cutter-ish.
I was thinking the same exact thing -- gnarly in the front. meh in the back -- Honda's version of a reverse-mullet?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Why does it look like an Accord? Wait, that's an insult, Accord looks better than this bland, styled piece of crap.
One things for sure, nobody would ever want to race you.
Totally stupid of me to think Honda would try and make a better looking Civic than the last gen.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
To me, this car is taking the Civic too far in the direction of an Accord Lite. I wish Honda kept a bit more of the "youthful" and swoopy styling of the 10th.

They definitely seem more interested in getting customers who were maybe looking at Toyota or Hyundai small sedans or maybe even people looking to downsize their larger family sedans.

They aren't pleasing a large portion of 10th gen owners who were hoping the 11th would be an evolution of their cars.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I would like to know what models / trim will be available with a manual transmission and when will they be available in the U.S.?
... I am older than most of you and I like the styling , although it could have been slightly better for me but it is hard to please everyone. I liked the last generation as it was except for all the fake vents and the cloth covered arm rests in the SI.
... Would you buy one of these when they become available? Not necessarily will you buy one, but would you recommend others to buy one this year?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
If your question is would you buy a first new design/model year vehicle?
My experiences were all positive - '68 RoadRunner, '89 Probe, '12 Si - all were great drives for the time.
and, I'm looking forward to owning a '22 CTR. Just do your homework when choosing what to get.
Sponsored

Last edited: