• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I would like to know what models / trim will be available with a manual transmission and when will they be available in the U.S.?
... I am older than most of you and I like the styling
... Would you buy one of these when they become available? Not necessarily will you buy one, but would you recommend others to buy one this year?
Manuals will be available in Hatch, Si, Type-R.
I would recommend the Accord's over this new Civic line unless you absolutely want a smaller car.
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I hope the new one has less rattles. My 2020 Civic is a rattle box and I may not want to but another Civic until this is fixed.
I'm surprised they didn't fix the rattles by the 2020 model year. If it's the A Pillars then it's easy to take the 1 screw out and put some foam dots up and down the pillar to stop the rattling.

Last edited:

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I'm surprised they didn't fix the rattles by the 2020 model year. If it's the A Pillars then it's easy to take the 1 screw out and put some foam dots up and down the pillar to stop the rattling.
I have a 2016 and have suffer no rattles.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Pretty sure just like the 10th gen that's a Canada only feature.
Luckily they will likely be cross compatible as I don't see them designing different wiring set harnesses for different civic trims.
Example. My 2017 LX sedan came pre wired for fog lights. Just bought the oem set up and everything was pre wired. To plug and play kit came with everything needed.
And there is a list of parts that fiy every trim. And with them reducing the number of trim lines it hopefully will be an option to upgrade a lower trim. Will likely be expensive. But mabey a few will be lucky to get the required parts before prices sky rocket.
Looking at you OEM typeR rear sway bar
Got quotes for over 400CAD.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
To me, this car is taking the Civic too far in the direction of an Accord Lite. I wish Honda kept a bit more of the "youthful" and swoopy styling of the 10th.

They definitely seem more interested in getting customers who were maybe looking at Toyota or Hyundai small sedans or maybe even people looking to downsize their larger family sedans.

They aren't pleasing a large portion of 10th gen owners who were hoping the 11th would be an evolution of their cars.
I agree in principle with all of this. I think Honda intentionally toned down the design in an effort to lure in a broader set of customers.

That said, I'm withholding final judgment until 1) I see the car in person, and 2) the Si/R treatments are revealed. When I first saw photos of the base 10th gen, I was similarly underwhelmed - to the point where I completely crossed it off my list. But once I saw some on the road, and later got a good look at an Si, my opinion changed (obviously). Perhaps the same thing will happen here.

I hope the new one has less rattles. My 2020 Civic is a rattle box and I may not want to but another Civic until this is fixed.
No rattles on my 2020, though in all honesty I haven't driven it that much. However, given what I've read, I'm resigned to the fact that rattles are in my future. Eventually.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
I agree in principle with all of this. I think Honda intentionally toned down the design in an effort to lure in a broader set of customers.

That said, I'm withholding final judgment until 1) I see the car in person, and 2) the Si/R treatments are revealed. When I first saw photos of the base 10th gen, I was similarly underwhelmed - to the point where I completely crossed it off my list. But once I saw some on the road, and later got a good look at an Si, my opinion changed (obviously). Perhaps the same thing will happen here.

No rattles on my 2020, though in all honesty I haven't driven it that much. However, given what I've read, I'm resigned to the fact that rattles are in my future. Eventually.
My car has over 24,000 miles. Maybe that is probably why. Still, even then the build quality seems like a downgrade from the eighth gen civic. The interior of this eleventh generation at least from the pictures looks very nice, though I cannot stand that ipad like infotainment screen lol.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
If your question is would you by a first new design/model year vehicle?
My experiences were all positive - '68 RoadRunner, '89 Probe, '12 Si - all were great drives for the time.
and, I'm looking forward to owning a '22 CTR. Just do your homework when choosing what to get.
... I understand and appreciate your answer but what I really want to know is >>>
#1 ... I would like to know what models / trim will be available with a manual transmission and when will they be available in the U.S.?
#2 ... Would you buy one of these when they become available? Not necessarily will you buy one, but would you recommend others to buy one this year? (Because you think it is a good car to buy and liked driving it)

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Touring - 2020 BMW M340ixdrive
... I understand and appreciate your answer but what I really want to know is >>>
#1 ... I would like to know what models / trim will be available with a manual transmission and when will they be available in the U.S.?
#2 ... Would you buy one of these when they become available? Not necessarily will you buy one, but would you recommend others to buy one this year? (Because you think it is a good car to buy and liked driving it)
For now they are only manufacture as sedans all are trims cvt automatic transmission. There are some engines difference between US and Canada on EX and Sport trim I think end of the summer they manufacture as hatchbacks with cvt and manual transmission.
I don't recommend first two year buying the vehicle because always gets some problem like 10th gen foggy headlights and taillights small dent on hood and C pillar and some paint issue.
Sponsored