• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Help! I can’t see!!

TaraMichelle22

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
I just signed a 3 year lease for the 2022 Honda Civic LX. I’m 5’0 and I pumped the driver seat as high as it can go and It’s still to low! Help!
Sponsored

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Have you tried using a booster, pillow or phone book? That's all the 4'11 and 5'0 girls I know use

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I just signed a 3 year lease for the 2022 Honda Civic LX. I’m 5’0 and I pumped the driver seat as high as it can go and It’s still to low! Help!
I ALMOST have the opposite problem. I have the seat all the way down and only have an inch of headroom.

Are you sure it’s up all the way?

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

I'm short, and i barely got the FL5 seat high enough to see. I know exactly what you mean. I would have thought that with a population that is generally shorter than the western world, that Japanese manufacturers would be fairly sensitive to shorter people... but i guess not. sigh Altho, Toyota is much better with the seats. Yah, a pillow or custom seats are your only options now that phone books don't exist anymore :rolleyes:😛

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Did you try lowering the steering wheel and pulling it out towards you? ?

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
That would seem to work well -- i wonder how it feels? Only neg is with a CTR you lose the feel of these great bucket seats. However, in an LX, it may be the way to go!

That then reminds me... does anyone here use any seat covers or do you do anything to protect these CTR seats? I am a little concerned about what the red seats will look like after a couple of years of getting in-and-out and the general wear while driving? I also don't know if a seat booster or lumbar support pad would help reduce wear or just create the same wear via proxy? Any idea?

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Dream auto has seat covers. Used them in my fk8. they have ones for the fl5.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
You can add some spacers between the floor and the seat rails, to raise them. If you do, please use strong longer bolts.

But a change of habits may help as well. For example, some people thing they need to see the hood to drive a car. When in fact, that is not necessary.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
IMHO, I wouldn't mess with the mounting hardware. The FL5 has been designed and crash tested to withstand high G impacts using OEM bolts and nuts. You risk having those pieces fail during a critical incident. Should someone get hurt because of aftermarket hardware, you leave yourself open to liability.
Sponsored